“Cool”

Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Absolutely perfect: food, service, value. Faultless. Do yourself a favour and put this place on your bucket list. Unforgettable

Reviewed 12 June 2017

If you're visiting Barcelona, make sure you check this place out. Some of the best food I've had anywhere in the world.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

I suppose there were a couple of vaguely mitigating circumstances. The first was that when I filled out the online booking form - which was a 'query' type, without a built-in calendar - I typed the wrong date. On getting an email confirmation the following day, I realised my mistake and replied, apologising and asking for an amendment to the booking. Confirmation of the amendment was emailed back, again clearly and promptly.
The second was that the booking (as confirmed) was for 8pm, which turned out to be their opening time.
We showed up at 7:56pm. The lights were on, but the front door was locked and there was no-one to be seen inside. Seeing the sign with their opening hours, we figured they were just about to open, so we walked round the block.
We returned at 8:03 to find the only change, bizarrely, was that the front door shutter had been lowered, to within about 30cm of the ground.
We waited. We considered knocking on the shutter, but couldn't see why we should have to. By 8:15, with still no sign of life inside, we decided that we no longer wanted to eat in a restaurant that treated its (booked) customers with such indifference. So we left. Later in the evening I emailed, politely and briefly, to let them know what had happened and that we were disappointed. So far, three days later, I have received no reply.
We're a couple from the UK who were simply taking a few days break in Barcelona. But for all they knew, this might have been an important occasion for us. Or we might have been professional restaurant viewers. I find it truly baffling.
So I am joining the tiny minority of reviewers here who seem to have been similarly puzzled to find themselves having to give a 'terrible' rating. I would have liked to be reporting on the food, wine and/or service. Sadly I have no direct experence of any of this.

2  Thank sandalsnosocks
Reviewed 2 December 2016

We reserved this restaurant during the Restaurant Week so we had a special low cost menu. The dishes are presented in style and flavors were really good. The service was fast and the staff was nice.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

We had read about this restaurant in a number of articles and the way it fuses Spanish food with eastern flavours.