See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with a wine group for four nights. While appreciating this is not a tourist region (although there was a business convention staying at the hotel during our stay, plus the Real Madrid 2nd team for a match), the hotel was lacking in several respects, considering it proclaims 4 star status.

First the good things. Central location, clean, comfortable room and bathroom, breakfasts fine.

However, there were no bathrobes in the bathroom, toiletries were limited to 2 small containers of shower gel, there was only one pillow per person and the information file was in Spanish and French only.

Far worse, hotel bars are meant to be convivial places, particularly for enjoying a drink with friends before and after an evening out. The barman was surly and unwelcoming, so we only went there once and took our considerable custom to the very friendly little tapas bar over the road.

On our last night we dined at the hotel. The restaurant staff were curt and seemed keen on getting service over and done with as soon as possible. The fish soup starter was OK, but the main course was inedible: a leathery escalope (no idea what the meat was) and dried up pasta. Dessert was the same apple flan I'd had for breakfast that morning.

I hate complaining, but this is not a 4 star hotel and customer service was poor. A great shame, as otherwise we all enjoyed our stay in the area.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank SAAWimbledon
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights as part of a tour. The room was clean and comfortable, if lacking in extras like coat hooks, drawer space and spare pillow. Bathroom clean with lots of hot water, but minimal toiletries . The breakfast was average to good.
Front desk staff were helpful, but after one trip to the bar, I never went again, due to high prices and the unhelpful and unfriendly attitude of the barman. There is a good tapas bar opposite, friendly and cheap.
The one group dinner we had was possibly the worst I have ever [not] eaten. Unidentifiable fried meat and dried up pasta. Dessert was left over apple tart from breakfast.
Good location, shame about the rest.

Room tip: not facing the main street if you stay on a Saturday night.
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank florence45London
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Beware of Danger!
A big metal piece fell off the ceiling in room 416 on Sep 15, 2012 occupied by one member of my family. No one was hurted but the risk was obvious. Had it fallen on anybody the consequences would have been quite serious. Neither the Management nor the Company did provide any satisfaction either verbal or else let alone gave any assurance on this type of accident not happening again in the premises. Can provide pictures and letters upon request.

Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This is a very standard hotel, I used it for just one night and the price quality was ok. Close to the city centre (5 minutes walking) quite old but clean and ok for the price (65 Euros a double including a decent but not outstanding breakfast.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Personally, my experience at this hotel was ok...although not all of my travelling companions would agree. The things I liked about the hotel: it was in a good location, the front desk staff and bartender was friendly, the room was spacious and the breakfast was good. WiFi was free at the hotel, although I did not use it, so I can't comment on the connection. Now to the not-so-good experience of one of my colleagues: I hate to say this, but she found bed bugs in her room. She reported it and the hotel immediately switched her to another room and said they would take care of the situation. There were about 10 of us traveling on business and the rest of us inspected our rooms and they were fine. I'm hoping the bed bugs were just a fluke thing found in that one room! This obviously tainted the experience a little, but otherwise I don't have anything negative to say about my stay...

Date of stay: June 2012