All reviews tiny room minute walk sleep euros floor camino centre cathedral
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Walking the Camino, I usually stay in albergues or hostels. In Leon, I splurged to get my own room with bath ($38 Canadian). Excellent room but the best part was the meal. The Fruit Salad appetizer was the best I’ve ever had, followed by a wonderfully flavourful chicken dish. All for 10 euros. What a treat in a city known for it’s spectacular meals.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank Barry D
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

This is an older building located close to where the Camino exits the city. My tiny room with ensuite bath was on the 8th floor; there is an elevator in the building. The window in my room opened on an airshaft. That pretty much guaranteed that there wouldn’t be several hundred people partying under my window all night, but it also meant it was hot and stuffy. I asked about a fan at the front desk, but they don’t have any. The solution was to open a window in the hallway, leave my door open while I was in the room in the evening, and open my window, thus allowing air to move through. My room was cool enough by 10 p.m. to lock my door and sleep.
There is a restaurant attached to the hostal, although I didn’t eat there.
From the hostal, it’s a 10-minute walk to the old city, with churches, museums, restaurants, bars, and stores. One of the stores sells gear that you need for the Camino, so if you’re ready to buy thermal underwear for the mountains ahead, this is where to get them.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2017

This little hotel is a good value for the pilgrim. The rooms are simple, small, but clean. The management is friendly. There is a convenient bar/restaurant right downstairs. This is a 5-10 minute walk to the center and Cathedral with shopping along the way. I have stayed here many times. Will stay again.

Room tip: I would ask for a higher floor.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

No "pincho" at the bar downstairs. It is a must in León since other bar keep on offering them for free with the drink. The staff is nice and the place is clean. It is a little bit expensive. The tortilla is also good.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Just stayed here for 3 night's, room was very small as was bathroom, but the water was hot and very powerful, room cleaned daily and was given an extra pillow, only thing is you can hear other guests in this room, could do with soundproof. The bar downstairs was a bit pricey though. WiFi was strong and fast through the building

Date of stay: May 2017