See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Stayed 2 nights. Paid 65 euro for a single room for the 2 nights so I will base my review on that. The hotel is in a good location. Maybe a 15 minute walk from the centre and right next to the main market which is worth a visit. There is a Sunday morning street market also. The bus station is also a 15 minute walk. The hotel has seen better days but I feel was worth the 32.50 a night I paid. There are a few bars and cafes nearby. The staff where friendly when I met them. The free wifi worked great. I am not sure if that was because I was on the 1st floor. The room while it was very basic was clean. Hot water worked fine in the shower. Santa Cruz is a nice sleepy small city and is worth a visit.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2016

I do not recommend this hotel to anybody excepts in the case that it was the only alternative.

This is an old hotel with expensive prizes that do not match with the quality you assume that a four start hotel should have.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2016

I stayed for 1 night because everything else was sold out. This one night without breakfast was 74 EUR!! There was no wifi in the room, and you had to pay extra for breakfast which is not even served in the hotel. The location is quite good, but it was extremely noisy outside, so I woke up many times during the night (normally nothing can wake me up, no storms, nothing, so it means it was SUPER noisy there). My room was clean, staff was nice, but this is not what I expected when I paid so much.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank marie2kovarikova
Reviewed 9 December 2015

Room Tip: Could do with wifi in rooms, not just on first floor
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 7 January 2015

Have just returned from two week stay at this Hotel . I would call it a travel lodge I think. Having said that , the staff are very friendly, but speak little English, but with sign language you get the answers you want. Nothing to much trouble. Mother Olga is charming !! Cafe next door has a basic menu , pub food , salad or fries style, but again very helpful and friendly. To stay in the center of a large City for the prices charged, great value for money, what more can you expect. There's no pleasing some people. The only thing you could say is that the bedroom doors are noisy, and furniture being dragged over tile floors is annoying at times.....but this is NOT the Hotels fault, but the guests that have no respect for others who are also in the Hotel. If I can put the key in the outside of the door and close quietly, then so can others. Some people have NO respect and just do their own thing. ....just a pity those sort of people have to be there when you are. In all it's a good budget Hotel in the center of the Town , and I didn't have any problems with it.....would love to go back sometime.

Room Tip: Inside rooms had the weights for the lift in the void, a bit noisy. But so what. If you want posh then pay for it. This is great value for money. You get what you pay for,,,I was more than happy thank you.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo