Hotel Taburiente(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
US$86
Book now, pay at stay
US$70
  • Pool
Iberostar Grand Mencey(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
US$133
Hotels.com
  • Pool
NH Tenerife(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
US$88
US$78
  • Restaurant
Silken Atlantida Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
US$86
US$79
  • Restaurant
Hotel Colon Rambla(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
US$80
US$78
  • Pool
Hotel Horizonte(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
US$50
US$48
Hotel Principe Paz(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$64
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Pension Milema(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$33
  • Free Internet
All reviewshotel schoolfootball stadiumenglish language channelsgreat hotelsanta cruzcomfortable bedsminibartonictenerifecitycentretub
Reviewed 8 December 2017

The hotel is a spectacular example of modernist architecture of the 60s. The people working here are sincerely helpful and fun to talk to but... As soon as we walked out of its doors we encountered abuses which have been so serious that we are determined never to revisit these islands. At the beach men with fake IDs trying to gouge us for a €2 parking charge with racist and insulting language. In town an apparently "hipster" bar charging €16 for two very mediocre gin and tonics; a few yards down the road, a mediocre tapas bar charging €44 for a very mediocre lunch made up of two plates, "raciones" and a few glasses of wine - London prices for sub-motorway service station food. A message to the people of Tenerife:
"cuando no vuelven las turistas no seas soprendido. En hoy dia no es posible robar la gente sin que dan cuenta y pasan el mensaje a sus colegas!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnParker-Rees
Reviewed 22 November 2017

the hotel in the central area is great for those who want to spend a quiet holiday but close to the center. Clean room and friendly staff. Good breakfast complete with everything. Beautiful pool offering moments of relax.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is operated by hotel school stuff, hence the name. You wouldn't know that. I'm a hotel school grad myself and I have only the highest marks for this hotel! The layout is generous with a huge garden in the atrium of the rooms wing. The view onto city and harbor is interesting. Beds are great, but what blows it out of the water are the bathrooms! Huge and well setup with tub, separate shower and great amenities! Service staff is friendly and prompt; just some of the front desk staff never got up from behind their computer until you stood exactly in from of them. That seemed a bit careless. But all in all: I'd go back in a heart beat. Excellent value for the money!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Coco T
Departamento M, Marketing Digital at Hotel Escuela Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Coco T

Thank you very much for your comments. :)

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Went to see Aerosmith at Estadio Heliodoro Rodriguez Lopez so booked this hotel as it is literally across the road and provides parking.
I knew it was a 'hotel school' so my expectations weren't high. The staff were all very polite, the reception area is pleasant but the rooms are grim. Dark, dindgy and smell musty. No tea/coffee making facilities and the mini bar is padlocked. Unlike most hotels you can't charge anything to your room. The bar closes at 11.30 pm and as Aerosmith were playing until midnight it would have been nice if the closing time had been extended, we did ask but were told it was a business hotel. Seriously, one of the biggest rock bands in the world playing on your door step on a Saturday night, I doubt many of the hotel guests were on business.
The hotel served its purpose of a bed for a few hours before we drove home to the south of the island and because of its location to the stadium I would stay here again. Hopefully next time some improvements will have been made to the rooms.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola H
Departamento M, Marketing Digital at Hotel Escuela Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Customer

We regret that your experience has not been to your liking. We would like to thank you for your comments, your opinion is very important to us.

We look forward to seeing you very soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I was looking forward to staying in this hotel because it is a school for people looking to work at hoteles. The employees I met there were indeed very nice and forth coming.
The architecture was actually the best part. I loved the interior garden. The room was adequate and refurbished.
I was not impressed with the kitchen but the breakfast was nice and they have an egg chef.
When I stayed the hotel was very quite and I did enjoy that a lot.
I would go back to sleep in this hotel but go out for a meal. The food was not bad at all but in Santa Cruz, you are spoiled for choose.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Departamento M, Marketing Digital at Hotel Escuela Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear 137frederickc,

Thank you for your friendly words. We are pleased that everything has been to your liking. We are looking forward to seen again you in the future.

Yours faithfully