All reviews memory foam mattress happy cafe bus station single room plaza charco small pool except sunday roof terrace bar is open comfortable room half board location is ideal ceiling fan cleaned daily loro park cleaning staff bars and restaurants
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Fantastic place. Hotel in great location by the old town and at the bottom therefore no walking of hills.
Close to all the lovely bars and restaurants.
The room itself was lovely and clean. We had a balcony with a view which we paid an extra €10 for an worth it for the sea view. Has a roof terrace with a pool which is very nice.
Breakfast was amazing so much choice ... and was amused that quite a few older Spanish drank wine with their breakfast.
Overall very good def recommend and we will stay again.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Bill C
HotelMarteGRT, Manager at Hotel Marte, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Bill,

Thanks for your honest opinion about our rooms and Restaurant service, we are happy that it was to your linking. We hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel Marte has the best service ever. The people there are very friendly, they’ll do their best to help you with the right information. Once we missed out on dinner and the cook made dinner especially for us after the buffet was closed. We really appreciated it, I gave him an extra tip for his kindness.
The hotel has an good ambiance and the food is delicious. The hotel is near everything, the bus station, the supermarket, the ocean and the stores. The rooms are also quite clean. Thank you Hotel Marte, for everything. We have enjoyed our trip to Tenerife in the best way.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
HotelMarteGRT, Manager at Hotel Marte, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Sophie,

Thanks for rating us with 5 stars. We really appreciate that you have taken a few minutes of your time to write this review. We are glad that you had a nice stay in our hotel and that you would come back.

We are happy to read that you appreciate our service and that our staff was nice and friendly with you. We will congratulate our Cook Made on your name We are looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

This hotel was amazing! I really wasn't expecting much with the price that we had paid and the pictures really don't do it justice! We went for the bed and breakfast option and wasn't disappointed, there was a lot of variety including fresh pastries and breads. cold meats and cheeses, fruits, cereals and a different selection of hot foods too which were slightly different everyday. The pool on the roof was lovely, although quite small it was just what you needed to cool off. All the staff were lovely and so helpful, everyone always greeted you when they saw you. The only slight issue for us was that the room didn't have a fan or any air conditioning, we did have a door though which led onto a balcony so we had a slight advantage but it wasn't very cooling when there was no wind. The location was good and it was only a couple of minuets to the local square full of shops bars and restaurants and it was a 10/15 min walk to the beach. Overall, the hotel was clean and comfortable and I would defiantly recommend, or if we ever return to Puerto de la Cruz then we will defianly look to come back. A big thank you to all the staff.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelMarteGRT, Manager at Hotel Marte, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear guest,

We really appreciate that you rated us with 5 stars, it make us feel so proud of our job. We are are happy to read that you had a lovely holiday in our hotel.

We are glad that our facilities and rooms exceed your expectations. Thanks for your nice words about our services and staff. This kind of reviews helps us to improve our service and keep working hard each day.

We would like to let you know that we have fans at reception that we gladly lend to our guests, we regret that you have not known before. We hope this helps you during your next visit. We would like to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I stayed in Hotel Marte for my ten day visit to Puerto de la Cruz. It was a clean and comfortable hotel. Whenever I had to speak with the staff, they were always friendly and helpful. I booked my room through one of those hotel booking sites and opted for a budget priced room without a meal plan. I was able to buy breakfast at the hotel for a minimal 5 euros for a great selection of good food. The dining room is relatively small and did fill up some mornings but, actually, that just added to the atmosphere of tourists enjoying their holidays. The downside of a budget-priced room is that you don't get the best room in the hotel. My room (206) was a perfectly fine room BUT it was an interior room and the only view was into the well of the building. One had to keep the curtains closed and the result was a rather gloomy room. Still, that encourages one to get out and about.
My room was a single and had a single bed - something that still catches me by surprise since the default in North America is always a larger bed. It took me three nights to get used to the mattress so I don't believe that I had a memory foam mattress - and my back would have dearly loved one. But, you get what you pay for, and I have no complaints. The bathroom was a nice size, water was hot and plentiful.
I'd be happy to stay at the Hotel Marte again but I might seek a room higher up, and with a view the next time.

Room tip: Ask about a room higher up with a balcony
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
HotelMarteGRT, Manager at Hotel Marte, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Martin,

Once again, we really appreciate your nice words about our hotel. We are really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and our staff was friendly and helpful.

During your next visit we recommend you booking through our website to improve your experience. On our website, you can find complete information about our facilities and services.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. Room amazing. The just had a refit which look amazing. We stop in room 909 which was really nice cleaning staff amazing can’t fault them. The only one thing I will say is the young student on the front desk not at all helpful. But beside that great place

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelMarteGRT, Manager at Hotel Marte, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Michael,

Thanks for rating us with the hieghest score. We really appreciate your nice words about your stay.

We are happy to read that you found our facilities and rooms nice and clean. On the other hand, we are sorry for the inconvenience that our staff could cause, we will check this situation. We hope we will see you again soon.