2,299 results
All reviews sea view rooftop spa top floor pool area half board lovely hotel sea front walk in shower hotel bar steam room evening meal fresh fruit plenty of choice room safe travel kettle salad bed and breakfast
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Overall our stay at this hotel was very good, we stayed for 9 nights bed and breakfast in a sea view. The location is fantastic, provides amazing vistas, and is in a friendly relaxed area. The pool is great, despite being surrounded by other flats and accommodation, the pool area remains in the sun for 95% for most of the day. Hotel is very clean, receptionists and cleaners were very friendly and helpful.

Couple of recommendations for future visitors based on our stay.

First of all, a sea view is mandatory, you will regret it if you don't. The ability to look out to a vitually undisturbed environment is priceless, and you can relax and listen to the waves, or you be able to watch surfers throughout the day from your balcony.
Secondly, based on the breakfast (as we were only b&b), I would consider avoiding going half board. There is lots of local restaurants that service great food for low prices. May be a bit more expensive, but if you are like me, and like the best food, from local places, half-board should probably be avoided.
Thirdly, the spa is okay, I think it is an adequate price and an adequate offer for what I received. Not a lot of features but somewhere else to just relax, on maybe a cooler day.
Next, there is a good mini supermarket (hipodiner?) nearby that sells cheese and ham packs and fresh bread. Go there, it's cheap and delicious.
Finally, not regarding the hotel but puerto de la Cruz generally. Loro parque - if you are British spend some time to travel to Chester zoo instead it is a country mile better, but an okay way to fill a day if you want to adventure. Three places to eat I would specifically recommend. 1) Tasca Graciosa is across the road and do nice tapas dishes. 2) La Casona in the town centre/square is so tasty and a great setting for a nice evening meal. 3) Mesón Los Gemelos, a bit further away but it is local. Unfortunately a number of restaurants seemed to be shut for family holidays between May and July, so have back up options when you venture out.

Couple of things for the hotel to have a look at.
1) Put the SPF on the sun protector you provide in the bathrooms.
2) When I ask for a port (Oporto) at the bar and you don't have it. I got a different response from two people, one fetched the drink from another bar, another didn't. Ensure consistency.
3) The handrail in the pool is broken, fix it.
4) A reason I stay at hotels is the free toiletries in the bathroom, I like to feel like a criminal when I stash them in my bag and take them home for other trips. Don't be cheap, this is not a super cheap hotel, I expect more.
5) You provide a lot at breakfast, but I wouldn't say much of it was good. Sometimes more is less.

Best wishes

Russell

2  Thank Russell H
Reviewed 22 May 2018

I see this hotel as a lost opportunity. I think who created the design wanted to do something extraordinary at this beautiful place... however how the management uses this opportunity is a shame.

The good things:
The location is great (many restaurants, Loro Park and program opportunities around) and the hotel looks great as well both from the outside and the inside. The cleanliness of the hotel is overall good but not consistent.
The breakfast was good, the food was good quality and things were overall really clean in that area.

The bad things:
This wants to be a "classy" hotel, but the management is cheapskate at its worst. They charge 3 euro per day if you want to use the room safe, 12 euros per person if you want to use the spa for 2 hours, 12 euros per day if you want to park your car, 6 euros per day if you want to have a tea set in your room, they charge 50 euros per day if you would like to have a sea view room... you need to keep a certification with you about the number of towels you can use in the pool area... and this list continues...

So basically there's nothing in the rooms just the real basics (bed, table, chair and a sofa, a broken toilet brush - and that's it!)... not even a bathrobe, no information booklet about the hotel services... and this is a 4 star hotel - for 600+ euros a week!

Also I took a photo of the TV remote controller and attached it here... they did not provide rubber gloves to that... or I might be able to get a pair for 5 euros a day. I never asked.

So overall the hotel is OK, but I would really recommend the management to think about their business policy.

I would recommend the hotel to people who likes to spend their time in the city and on the beaches as there's nothing much to do in an empty room, especially if they even try to charge you for the air you're breathing in.

Room Tip: Just for people who just want to sleep here or if you would not care where your money goes.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ptallai
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We tried to use the spa two hours before the closing time but were informed it was full even though we watched people leave as we stood there. This was at the discretion of the front staff person. Seemed very weird as people leaving were seen, the manager refused to credit our use of the spa, we were quite disappointed and could not understand the lame excuse that it was full, be wary of the upgrade since it is only at the discretion of the staff who might have wanted an early closing, boo hiss!,,,

5  Thank Mobile772854
Reviewed 7 May 2018

We have a room on the 10th floor with a fabulous view of the sea. I would only recommend sea view rooms as the others look onto a high apartment block. The room is comfortable and clean. You don’t get an iron or tea and coffee. An additional charge for coffee and tea is at a price of 6 euros per day , not what I’d expect from a 4 star hotel . Now the food !, if you want canteen style food this is the place for you. The breakfast is average with queues for approximately 10mins for tea and coffee. The evening meal is not something you would expect from a 4 star . After 2 nights of suffering we now arrange meals at local restaurants which some are at an excellent standard. I would advise b&b only .

Room Tip: Sea view only
2  Thank drawdown
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Sol Costa Atlantis is an extremely clean hotel in a great location in Puerto de la Cruz. You can easily walk to tons of restaurants and shops, and tour vans and buses can easily pick you up from the hotel or very nearby. You can also easily walk to the train that will take you the the zoo, if that's something you are interested in.

We booked early at the hotel, so we were able to secure a larger room on the top floor with an ocean view. We could sit on the balcony and watch the waves crash on the black sand beach below. The rooms are well designed and always kept clean. Everything you need is in the room, though in Puerto de la Cruz, you shouldn't be spending much time in the room.

The breakfast buffet was well stocked and had plenty of great options for any traveler to choose from. The pool was also very comfortable and a wonderful place to spend time.

The staff is always friendly and ready to help you with any questions you have, and the lobby sells gorgeous woodworked pieces to take home with you.

The only thing keeping our stay from five stars is that the heat in the hydro-circuit in the spa wasn't working, so the hydrotherapy wasn't quite what it could have been, though it was still enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple