All reviews budget hotel pedestrianised street hotel is located plenty of hot water friendly hotel room was clean no air con perfect location town centre 5euros tv wifi puerto 2star tenerife
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

I wrote a review about 6 weeks ago on this hotel, in that review I stated we were planning on a return trip and here we are. Again I’m sat poolside writing this review, and again we’re more than happy to have booked here. The staff work tirelessly to make sure that you get a real holiday experience I must mention Karl/Carl who must lap the pool twenty times a day enthusiastically trying to drum up the kids/adults into playing activities, it gives us parents a little break to have an adult chat (pretty priceless on holiday). I must also mention the bar/restaurant staff who all work with a smile on their faces (which is also a holiday bonus, how many times have you mentioned a slovenly worker that you’ve come across).
We’ve now stayed in two different types of apartment at this complex. Situated on opposite sides. The one bedroom apartments have adequate amenities but no air con, this can be overlooked because of the stunning views of the town. The family rooms have been upgraded with aircon, bunk beds and two patio windows that both access a large patio, but unfortunately the views aren’t as great this side of the complex.
Wherever your apartments are there just a short lift ride/ walk to the restaurants, where food is plentiful, varied but most importantly good ( I put 2lbs on the last week visit)
The downsides of this complex is it’s a little bit shabby poolside, the night time entertainment could be a lot better ( some guy dressing up as a pirate calling bingo is not my idea of a fun act.).
Would I come again.........

You bet

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2018

We stayed at this hotel looking for an affordable and yet quality place to rest, and we liked a lot me and my wife.

The room was clean and the staff is really friendly, as it turns out, those days were the celebrations of la virgen del carmen, so it was a bit noisy on the streets, but that is no way the hotel fault, just so that you know, that if you choose for a balcony with a view to the street, and there happens to be night celebrations, it can be a bit noisy, but not a lot.

I would recommend this to everyone looking for a nice and affordable place, for example backpackers and chilled-out couples, everything was within walking distance and the bus station is just a 10 min walk from here.

The owner treated us great, definitely we will stay again if we visit Puerto de la Cruz again.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights, the Hotel is definitely 2* the location is 5* & staff 5*. The rooms are very small & can't quite say why but just didn't seem as clean as i like it! Bed linen & towels had a foisty smell & bed very uncomfortable. The windows all look out into a small square in middle of hotel so you can hear others conversation,noise & even toilets flushing so not peaceful at all. The roof terrace was ok a nice little place to get some space. The receptionists were excellent very helpful & friendly couldn't of been better & the location is great so easy to get everywhere. Would i go back? Probably not I'm not picky but would like a bit more privacy & cleanliness.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2018

A basic, but bargain hotel, located in a cracking location, on a pretty, pedestrianised street, full of great eateries, and a matter of metres from the town centre. Crucially, my room was clean and comfy, absolutely ideal for my 7 day Christmas escape. I've already booked for next year.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Girdwood A
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Lovely street, great receptionists. If you need hairdryer, or even charger, you need to only ask, the reception is open 24 hours. Wifi throughout hotel. If you need, there is a TV and PC at the living area to use. You can swap books at their mini library and there’s a coffee corner where hot water and teas are free (capsuled coffee at EUR1).
Just grab a cuppa and head upstairs to the roof terrace with nice Teide view, especially in the morning when the sky is clear.

Date of stay: October 2017