All reviews rooftop pool tobacco factory great hotel the air conditioning top floor room was spacious breakfast was excellent didn t work modern furnishings a bit hit and miss opening hours guacamole bath and shower well equipped gym enormous bathroom home made cakes hot chocolate
Reviewed 30 September 2018

I travelled to La laguna on business and was very very fortunate to be booked into the Gran hotel by my company. On my arrival was met a beautiful reception area, very traditional canarian decor. Onto checking in, the staff were incredibly friendly, professional and helpful throughout my ten day stay. The rooms a very nice indeed, quite spacious for a city hotel actually, impeccably clean also. The bar is also very welcoming, the service could perhaps be a little quicker but enough to ruin the experience. Breakfast is served in the basement dining room which opens onto a seating area, the choice is simple continental fair, but plenty of it.It also has a rooftop pool which is a decent size too and a splendid rooftop bar area in which we attended a party for a local fiesta and watched fireworks from. The hotel should be congratulated on the friendliness and professionalism of their staff. Would be very to stay again. EXCELLENT!!

Room tip: ROOM 110 is a corner room which is at the end of a corridor on the ground floor, a bit more spacious than the other rooms i stayed in.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

When we had a standby flight we needed to find a close by hotel and choose the Gran for its close proximity by taxi and what a surprise to enter such a beautiful building that’s retained the charm and character of the original blended with a modern extension to the rear. The service was impeccable from the front office team and we ate a light and tasty menu del día in the restaurant before sleeping on our crisp, clean bedding and waking up at 05:30 to a hot shower.

I work in the events industry and will be sure when I need a great hotel in the north of Tenerife that this is top of my list!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2018

I loved staying at this hotel! The room was spacious and comfortable, the rooftop pool was spectacular (plus points because I had it all to myself when I was there) and the staff was nice.
The only reason this hotel is not getting 5 points from me, is because it was basically impossible for me to get there! There was some event in town, so some streets were blocked. I kept trying and trying to get to the hotel, even asked people on the street, at gas stations, and even called the hotel- but no luck! And the minus point here is especially, because the hotel staff did tell me that there is a way to get there despite blocked streets, but the way they explained it was impossible to get there! In the end I only managed to get there because a police officer let me drive through a street I was not supposed to go through! All in all, I spent one hour IN La Laguna trying to somehow get there and park somewhere!!! Which is insane, considering how small the town is!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Great hotel complex in the heart of the old city, beautifully decorated, with a pleasant, large, sunny if windy pool on the top floor, and many areas to relax.
Very pleasant rooms with great bedding and baths, which tend to be quieter when located on the beautiful, bright courtyard.
Nice wine bar, as well as Michelin starred restaurant if you do not want to go out to the numerous restaurants in La Laguna.
The only downfall is breakfast, which is dissapointing (no fresh omelets, too many sweets, no vegetables except for a mediocre, industrial guacamole)
The best thing about this hotel is definitely its 5 star service!
That is what made us come back when Norwegian Airlines let us down with an 8hour delay which turned into 12 hours !
Exhausted, we decided to take the 10 mn taxi ride to this charming hotel, rather than wait at the airport all afternoon and part of the night for an elusive flight, and, boy, are we glad we did!
Sylvia immediatly reserved a room for us and even gave us a discount.
We'll defintely be back (but will never fly Norwegien again)

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Amazing hotel in San Cristobal de La Laguna. This is a historic building in the city center. Great hotel, friendly staff, with a restaurant that has one Michelin Star. The rooms are well suited. This is definitely a place where you will want to stay whether on business or leisure. All staff members are fluent in English.

Date of stay: July 2018