All reviews bars and restaurants las canteras beach great location rooftop terrace teide jog apartment towels sleep fridge surfing maspalomas supermarket
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

This is my second stay. Three nights in a standard room with a balcony overlooking the courtyard. Previous stay was one night.

The location couldn't be better - right on the beach and within walking distance to the bus station and the main shopping centre Las Arenas. The room was specious and clean. The kitchen was well equipped.

Sadly it was noisy due to the thin walls and excessive echoing. Unless you have earplugs you're guaranteed to have a disturbed sleep. The bed was very uncomfortable and the cheap mattress gave me back aches every morning.

Previously it was ok for one night but if staying for longer I would look elsewhere. It's a pity because all staff were nice and with some quality improvements this could be a great hotel.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
BrisamarCanteras, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Apartamentos Brisamar Canteras, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Dear Mr_B_travels,
Firstly I´ll like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Las Palmas where I hope you´ve had a good time. Secondly, we are sorry if your stay wasn´t as pleasant as it should have been due to the issues you describe in your comment. However we´ll like to emphasize that any inconvenience you experience during your time among us should be communicated to us the sooner the better so we could fix it right away. Please, in future stays, do let us know anything that bothers you in order to make your stay more comfortable. Finally, we would like to thank you for your comments that help us to improve.
Best regards.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

This apartment located in such as touristic area of island with sea view , quite old but budget , seating in rooms balcony gonna enjoyable . I recommend those tourist who are looking for quite place for staying to take hotel in south of island s hotels generally .

Room tip: sea view rooms with balcony
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank MasoudYami
Reviewed 6 August 2016

My family and I have stayed at these apartments a few times over the years. If you get an apartment overlooking the sea, is not that bad. The last time I stayed, I went on my own and they gave me an apartment towards the back road. These apartments have not been conditioned since the 1980s or so. The furniture is old and shabby, they are not particularly clean, some light switches don't work, tiles in the bathroom are cracked... The noise of the trash truck and people at night was horrible and there were works going on in the morning, so very noisy as well. I think if the owners want to continue to charge what they do, they should seriously consider a good make up of the place.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Elena V
BrisamarCanteras, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Apartamentos Brisamar Canteras, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Dear madam, thank you for your comments that help us to improve. We apologize for the inconveniences you may have suffered. As you have been our guest many times before, you already know how high cleaning stands on our standards. Please, let us know if anything is not all right as soon as possible so we can fix it right away. Nonetheless, it is true that the back rooms are not as quiet as the sea-view ones, because they are closer to the street, but it is fair to say that they are way cheaper also. Anyway, sorry again for you trouble and next time we´ll try to make it right to you. Best regards.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Indeed, I had the misfortune of opting for a "standard studio" facing the back and it was very hot and there was no AirCon, not even a fan! If I ever book this aparthotel again, I will make sure to book a sea facing studio (apartment), well worth paying extra for. I believe management should at least supply a fan (installing air conditioning would be a major undertaking, but a simple fan would be a tremendous value) for this well located establishment. Other than studio being too hot, everything else was fine.

Room tip: Sea facing rooms are well worth paying extra for.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
BrisamarCanteras, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Apartamentos Brisamar Canteras, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Dear Sir. Firstly I want to thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again. Secondly, regarding the issue you mention in your review, we want to emphasize that any problem should be addressed to us within your stay so we can fix it. In this particular case, we have some fans available for our customers under demand. Nonetheless, we hope your time amongst us was nice and that you come back soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2016

we had a garden view..not very good as no sun reaches it really..but the good bit was its right on the beach,,room done every day and staff where great with the language barrier..went to santa catalena square most days as good food..no English bars or cafes..no English tea or breakfasts but that's because I'm spoilt and always find some where that does

Room tip: get a sea view room otherwise its dark
Date of stay: March 2016