All reviews rooftop pool old town las palmas reward points frosted glass door free shuttle to the airport modern hotel nespresso machine nice bar area san telmo bus station shopping area gran canaria an overnight stay stayed for nights room rate brilliant hotel tv channels
Reviewed 22 November 2018 via mobile

Went there expecting a nice urban hotel but found a hotel that does not deserve 5 stars. The hall looks good and check in and out went smoothly. Pool on top (did not visit). The room size was fine. However maintenance was not good. The toilet was especially disappointing.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Lucía P, General Manager at AC Hotel Iberia Las Palmas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2018

Dear Mr. Luiscantecere,
Thank you very much for you review at Tripadvisor, even the bad ones always gives us an opportunity to improve in our everyday job. It is true that we do not deserve a 5 stars as we are not a 5 stars hotel and we don´t pretende to be one either. We are very proud to be a 4 urban hotel star as the majority of the AC Hotels by Marriott. After clarifinig this important issue I do apologized for the toilet situation, we had already located your former room to do a complete review over it to sort all problems out. We are sorry for any inconvinience that we could suffer during you stay.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

I visited the AC Iberia while traveling for work. The hotel is adequate, however, does need some improvement. The ladies at the front desk were nice enough that I cannot call them rude, but didn’t appear eager to go go out of their way for much. My room was on the 7th floor, the carpeting from the elevator to my room had peeled to the point of being a trip hazard, I didn’t find this to be a huge deal, as my room was very nice and had a great view of the tennis courts and the mountains. The air conditioner in the room left a lot to be desired, I could never get the room cool to my liking (that could just be me, I like the room cold.). Overall, I think I would stay again, as the location is convenient.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Lucía P, General Manager at AC Hotel Iberia Las Palmas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Dear Client,
Thank you very much for your comments at Tripadvisor, thank you for your time and confident. I am sorry for those details that you found not complity right, I will take good note of all of them. I really hope that in general the hotel suit your need. we will work hard to reach that extra satisfaction level that we did not achived this time.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 10 nights and found the hotel to be mostly very good but we found definitely catered more towards single persons on a short stay. I'll try to summarise into positives and negatives:

Positives:

- Very clean
- Friendly staff
- Well equipped room (iron/ironing board, coffee machine, kettle, lots of toiletries)
- Well located for the old town (Vegueta) and Triana shopping area,
- Close to transport links for both inside and outside the city (we found number 1 and number 12 to be a short ride to Playa de Las Canteras and Santa Catalina and back for €1.40 pp)
- Rooftop pool
- Very nice bar area
- Mini bar
- Comfortable bed
- Cleaned daily

Negatives:

- Room seems to cater for a solo traveller despite it being a double (king size room) with only enough water/coffee for one person left, only one chair
- The toilet was faulty, after flushing it kept filling constantly which kept us awake until someone got up and fiddled with the flush for 10 minutes. We reported it and it stopped for a couple of days and then started again
- The shower leaked underneath the screen so you would end up paddling in the bathroom
- The bathroom had a swinging frosted glass door which unless you are very personally acquainted with whoever you're sharing with, you will be after a stay here because you can even hear the toilet roll tear.
- No bar or service at the roof top pool

The other thing that we were unhappy with was that we paid extra for a room with a balcony but this was useless, there was no furniture to actually be able to utilise it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Good service, the hotel staff is always here to help
Rooms are comfortable, but could be maintained in a better condition
Breakfast is average

Rooftop pool, with a harbor view
Free shuttle to the airport

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Lucía P, Director General at AC Hotel Iberia Las Palmas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear Steven O,
Thank you for your review at Tripadvisor, we are glad to get compliments from our clients. I have informed our staff about your nice words toward them. We hope we will see you soon at the hotel, we will be happy to welcome you one more time.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

With no soundproofing, no working aircondition, a fridge that makes noise all night and the most silly decorated room I’ve ever stayed in, I’m sad to say I have to sleep here tonight as well. The person who decided to use wallpaper in the bathroom to make sure it can’t be cleaned properly, cheap laminate floors, also in the bathroom, to make sure it dissolves when the shower leaks, outlets that falls off the wall when you unplug your charger, should perhaps change carreers. The only positive thing about this hotel is that it’s within walking distance from the old part of the city.
And if you expect Marriot beds, for a good night sleep? Expect a terrible one instead.
When we asked for another room, we were sent around the hotel ourselves and decided that the dreadful room we had was the best they could come up with, unless we wanted to upgrade to a noisy aircondition to treat ourselves to even fewer minutes of sleep.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeleneCarlsen
Lucía P, General Manager at AC Hotel Iberia Las Palmas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Mrs. Carlsen,
Thank you very much for your comments at Tripadvisor, the good ones and the bad ones are always positives. It is your time and dedication in writing your opinon that makes the difference. I am sorry to find out that you did not enjoy your stay with as. I really would like to apologized for the fact that I did not provide a good night sleep, our priority. I have sent your comments to our Design department at our AC Hotels Headquarters, I am sure they will go throw all your suggestions seriously.
Our beds follows the AC standard, Marriott has more tan 36 brands and they are not all the same, every one has their oun standard depend on the star category and hotel style. I am sorry again that you did not find them comfortable.

I would like to apologized once again and also show my gratitude for your time and dedication towards our hotel and Brand.