All reviewsrooftop poolold townlas palmasreward pointsfrosted glass doorfree shuttle to the airportnespresso machinemodern hotelgran canariasan telmo bus stationshopping areanice bar areaflight was delayedan overnight staybrilliant hotelstayed for nightsroom rate
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

With no soundproofing, no working aircondition, a fridge that makes noise all night and the most silly decorated room I’ve ever stayed in, I’m sad to say I have to sleep here tonight as well. The person who decided to use wallpaper in the bathroom to make sure it can’t be cleaned properly, cheap laminate floors, also in the bathroom, to make sure it dissolves when the shower leaks, outlets that falls off the wall when you unplug your charger, should perhaps change carreers. The only positive thing about this hotel is that it’s within walking distance from the old part of the city.
And if you expect Marriot beds, for a good night sleep? Expect a terrible one instead.
When we asked for another room, we were sent around the hotel ourselves and decided that the dreadful room we had was the best they could come up with, unless we wanted to upgrade to a noisy aircondition to treat ourselves to even fewer minutes of sleep.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeleneCarlsen
Lucía P, General Manager at AC Hotel Iberia Las Palmas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Mrs. Carlsen,
Thank you very much for your comments at Tripadvisor, the good ones and the bad ones are always positives. It is your time and dedication in writing your opinon that makes the difference. I am sorry to find out that you did not enjoy your stay with as. I really would like to apologized for the fact that I did not provide a good night sleep, our priority. I have sent your comments to our Design department at our AC Hotels Headquarters, I am sure they will go throw all your suggestions seriously.
Our beds follows the AC standard, Marriott has more tan 36 brands and they are not all the same, every one has their oun standard depend on the star category and hotel style. I am sorry again that you did not find them comfortable.

I would like to apologized once again and also show my gratitude for your time and dedication towards our hotel and Brand.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

The AC Iberia hotel is located close to the old city and cathedral in Las Palmas. My wife and I stayed for 6 nights in June. We chose this hotel primarily for it's location and because it has a gym and rooftop pool. These were both good amenities but travellers should beware that in June and July there can be a lot of cloud over this part of Gran Canaria.... as was the case with us..... the solution is to drive south of the airport where, lo and behold... the sun is always shining!
Our accomodation was a typical business room and a little 'tired'. As we were on holiday and staying for 6 nights I asked whether there was a better alternative and the manager arranged for us to relocate to a suite on the 10th floor...I could not fault the management and staff throughout....especially on the front desk, friendly and efficient, thank you so much for helping us to enjoy our stay in Las Palmas.
The hotel is an excellent choice if you wish to be close to the bars and restaurants of the old city and yet only a short taxi drive to the beaches at Las Canteras.

Room Tip: Simple... quiet at the rear....sea view, but road noise at the front.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnCanDraw
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Very nice hotel. Very clean and the staff was helpful every time. Since I stayed there as a crew I appreciated that they had breakfast for as earlier. The beds are very comfortable and the bathroom is very spacious. The breakfast is simple and tasty.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms far from the elevator and as high as you can for better view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Lucía P, Director General at AC Hotel Iberia Las Palmas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear AriskatCCM,
It is so great to get such a nice compliments on a Monday morning, Thank you very much, we really appreciate your comments and I hope other clients will follow your advice and will come and stay with as. It is true that we are specialized in crews allotment, we try to prepare our services to their needs, thank you very much that you noticed and appreciated it.

We hope to see you agian soon at our AC Hotel Iberia Las Palmas.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

The hotel is situated on the 9-lane coastal road so as a guest you will have two options:
1st: Sea view with a lot of noise from the above mentioned road, or
2nd: Zero view on the backside of the hotel but quiet from the outside.
Anyway this will not be an absolute quietness as there is a night club on the ground floor and depending on the day of the week and the location of the room you will have the loud boom boom of the basses until 5 am. Further you'll have to hope for nice and quiet neighbors as the walls are thin and a conversation can be easily followed in the neighboring room.

All the furniture in the rooms is run down, walls are dirty and one room we were offered (but refused) had an harsh smell of sewer all over it.
Breakfast is o.k. but for 16 euros grossly overpriced.

The only reason to stay there is the proximity to the old town (15’ by food) and the quick access to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank globusat
Lucía P, General Manager at AC Hotel Iberia Las Palmas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear Globusat,
Thank you very much for your comments at Tripadvisor, I am sorry that in this case you had not a good imagen of our hotel. The AC Hotel Iberia had been refurbish complited less than 6 years ago and we don´t belive that it is in that bad shape.
Even thou we take your comments and suggetions very seriously and we are going to share them with the whole team.

thank you very much again.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We were put here by Jet2 when our flight was cancelled. Lovely hotel, great rooms and staff very nice. The roof top pool was an added bonus and the views were fantastic. The food was a high standard. Very busy city hotel good vibe about it. Central location easy flat walk to the Triana shopping area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Lucía P, Director General at AC Hotel Iberia Las Palmas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Pat1ricia,
Thank you very much for your comments at Tripadvisor, I know that you did not expected to end up in our hotel but it is great that you enjoyed the extra night at Las Palmas. Now you know which hotel book for your next holidays, we will be waiting for you!!!
Hope you had a good trip back home.

Have a nice week!!!