2,235 results
All reviews pool area grand premium palas atenea sea view old town level room lobby bar palma marina tapas restaurant lovely hotel large hotel breakfast was amazing pleasant walk early hours half board bottle of cava short break
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed here for a 3-night city break. We were under the impression that we had booked sea-view rooms but on arrival found this not to be the case and the 40€ per night upgrade seemed excessive. We had a room on the south side of the hotel (left as you view from the front). The room itself was acceptable and did actually have a side view of the marina but also some rather shabby buildings and derelict grounds. The main problem was the noise from the street and nightclub(s) below. There was constant procession of revellers from about 22h00 to 06h00; plus the bins were emptied every morning at 03h45 (prompt). The double-glazed patio door onto the balcony was totally ineffective at reducing any outside noise; luckily we had some good earplugs.
Now the positives: the lobby/bar/breakfast area is very modern and spotlessly clean, keeping the many mirrors clean must require a tremendous effort from the cleaning staff. The multiple mirrors create an interesting if somewhat disorienting feel to the area but add to the pleasant light and airy environment. The major plus is the breakfast; lots of choices for juices, nice bean to cup coffee machines, cereals and pastries a plenty, plus a full range of cooked items including made to order omelettes.
I would agree with other reviews that some of the staff were a little less friendly than others.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side (left from front) are above a very noisy side street containing several nightclubs.
  • Stayed: November 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alan H
Reviewed 31 October 2018

This is an amazing hotel with a great location and fantastic staff. The rooms are large and clean and I would definitely recommend the sea view options. The only disappointment for us was that The Level had much less choice in drinks compared to our previous visit in July, I'm not sure this is a permanent change or due to our latter visit being out of season. Definitely worth a visit if you are visiting the Palma area

Room Tip: The Level Sea View
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank simonmckenna2
Reviewed 30 October 2018

We enjoyed everything except the restaurant. Definitely would not book half board again. Whilst at first glance the menu appeared to be very veggie friendly the portions were far too large and limited. I did not want grilled carrots as a main meal. Two cold soups was not a good idea. We ate out on our last night and had a far better meal. It was worth losing out on the payment for half board to have good food.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

We walked into the hotel and it definitely had the wow factor until we got to reception. The welcome was not pleasant, he was so arrogant and patronizing. Until he realised we had booked a “level room” then all changed. I spend my life travelling and staying in top end hotels. I had that day just arrived from two days of travelling so perhaps did not look like the 5 * travelled he expects.

Thankfully things got better. The level services and room are brilliant. The views fabulous and breakfast in the restaurant on the ground floor needs three hours to enjoy it all.

Although again staff attitude not the best. The only welcoming person was the guy from the front hall who took us to the level floor.

Lovely hotel but customer service needs attention.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annie5410
Reviewed 28 October 2018

This hotel looked lovely when I researched it and it did not disappoint. The reception and eating areas have a wow factor as the hotel is well presented and spotless. I loved all the arty touches around the foyer and breakfast area. The rooms were good with good sized shower en-suite. We faced the town rather than sea which was fine as Palma was not too busy or noisy in October. The breakfasts provided some of the largest variety of food items I have ever seen so I would be surprised if anyone could not find something to suit. We had a lovely welcome at reception from the lady who served us; this really got our stay off to a good start! I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor may prove a quieter option.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family