Jardin Botanico Atlantico
Review Highlights
Well worth a visit

We spent about 2 hours wandering around. The garden is BEAUTIFUL, well-signed and easy to... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
medeir0s
Sacramento
via mobile
Very Interesting Garden

Reviewed 8 August 2018
tony b
Lliria, Spain

All reviews few hours worth a visit plants forest stream botanical river habitat nature complex asturias
Reviewed 8 August 2018

You could spend hours enjoying the plants and tails. My favourite was the fruits and vegetable area and I also enjoyed all the flowers.
I was very surprised there was no fish in the many ponds and streams.

1  Thank tony b
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Very well maintained and interesting parklands and garden. Interesting exhibition. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

I quite like a botanical garden and this did not disappoint me. There is an entrance charge less than €3 for an adult though I am a firm believer that gardens like these should be free.

The gardens are well laid out in the different area groupings, are well kept and make for a pleasant place to spend some time. There were some impressive specimens of trees. I particularly enjoyed the fruit gardens and beach areas. They have a few interesting systems to e.g. simulate tidal flows. This hydraulic engineering was new to me and added to the interest.

The gardens were slightly on the small side compared to others that we have visited having said that the 2 hours that we allowed ourselves to visit was not enough and we did not have enough time have a look at the forest areas that are farthest away from the entrance. Still that is a good excuse to go back again. I would suggest at least half a day to go around the whole garden.

There are toilets and a small cafe with other places to get refreshments.

Parking outside was easy and it is close by the Laboral complex so if you are in that area it might be worth trying to combine the two.

It looks like they are planning to extend the gardens over the next few years on land adjacent to the car park but that is probably some time away.

1  Thank Aequitas6
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We spent a few hours at this well organized garden. It covers a wide variety of Northern Spain's habitats and also offers some cultural insights. There was a cool display of how charcoal is made from oak wood, a great display on beekeeping and an educational area about Linnaeus' plant classification system.

1  Thank Robin C
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Long walk or number one bus €1.25 for the best value of our trip ,less than €2 entry to a very extensive botanical garden which was better labelled than any other that we have visited. Free tour if you want it. Labels and information in English.Well worth the effort.

1  Thank GGB_13