All reviewsindoor pooltram routegreat locationremote controlled blindsbeautiful modern hotelshower pressureel corte inglessister hotelcentral locationstar hotelstreet noiselovely cityhotel restaurantsat navone way systemthe hotel staffbed was comfortable
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Really liked this place stayed for a week, room was spotless air con amazing and wonderful views from roof top, I found the pool small and a bit crowded but to be expected this time of year so took a ride to wonderful outside pool complex nearby, staff at hotel great and give thanks to house maids for such s great job!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Palafox-Hoteles, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Alfonso Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Kristian h:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent visit. It is lovely to read that you had a good experience and enjoyed the food and service.

We are also very happy to read your comment about the staff, particularly for house maids. We extend them your congratulations

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Best Regards

Asun Navarro
Hotel Alfonso

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Hotel was clean and modern. We were travelling around Spain and I would say this was the nicest hotel we stayed in. Left us wishing we had an extra night but unfortunately we had already booked accommodation in Madrid for the following night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Palafox-Hoteles, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Alfonso Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Matthew L:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent visit. It is lovely to read that you had a good experience.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Best Regards

Asun Navarro
Hotel Alfonso

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

For first time visitors to Zaragoza, this is an excellent choice. Easy city to walk around and close to do so from the hotel. Room very nice and excellent breakfast including gluten free options. Friendly staff. Would recommend a stay here

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We painstakingly went through each hotel in Zaragoza in a bid to find the right hotel, as Mr J3KTN was working and I wanted to spend time by the pool.
I never even got to see the pool, never mind sunbathe next to it, as it closed just as we arrived and opened the day after we left.
Now I worked at a health club with 2 pools for 10 years, so I know the odd thing can go wrong but never in all that time were customers not able to use it for 3 days, even when one of the pumps needed replacing.
I don't understand why I couldn't have used the area and avoided the pool...but no, the door entry system had the batteries removed so access was impossible.
I did get to use the pool at the Palafox Hotel but only because I asked. This information was not forthcoming. It was still a pain having to treck over there ....defeated the object really.
As we were guests of a manufacturer in Zaragoza, the company paid the bill the evening before checkout and asked for a late check out for me. This was all sorted but in the morning when I went to reception to get my room card updated to the correct check out time the receptionist rudely told me that I didn't have a late check out and "It's not free you know!" Charming!
We then paid ourselves the €25 for the later check out (2pm) only for the receptionist to call our room saying that we did a later check out organised as the company had negotiated this against the lack of pool facilities.
Wouldn't it have been a lovely gesture if it had been offered as compensation rather than being suggested by the company?
Apart from that the hotel was modern, very functional, perfectly acceptable bed and bathrooms (completely useless hairdryer in bathroom though) and the breakfast was rather nice.
If you are thinking of staying here, don't rely on the pool being open. Apart from this problem, it is closed for weddings and private functions, so take your chances.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank J3KTN
Reviewed 15 June 2018

The 4 of us (2 couples) had stayed at the Hotel Rey Alfonso in the old town in Seville and had excellent service and a great experience. We were therefore looking forward to having the same in this Zaragoza hotel which is part of the same chain. Unfortunately this was not to be.
It was a challenge actually finding the hotel using satnav and my iPhone's Google maps. We did not see any porters at anytime during our stay so off course there was no one to help us in with our luggage which we needed to get out of our rental vehicle and into the hotel quickly as we were illegally parked neared the tram line.
The Russian young woman in reception was not warm and welcoming even though she did walk us to our room. Just as well as there had been a convention of Cuban cigar smokers in the room and when we commented on the pungent smoking smell she said some guests "smoked in rooms". We expressed surprise it was not legal to do so or that at least there would be heaps of non smoking rooms where if people smoked they would be charged for the extra cleaning required to purify the room - it appears not so!
We were transferred to another room where we had a great view of a 3 sides of wall around a vacant shift in the building.
The only restaurant/cafe in the hotel was also less than welcoming and the food so so. We had received a few days beforehand via our travel agent an email saying as there was a private function around the pool area we could not use it. Little did we realise that there were 2 wedding recptions on that Saturday with ALL the hotel staff focused on these non guests who were constantly in and out smoking immediately in front of the hotels doors - yes you had not option other than to go through these smokers.
We wanted to be on the road next morning by 8:30 however we were refused entry as it was not open at 8 AM.
At least we had a nice dinner at a restaurant away from the hotel.
We would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple