“Mediocre food, surly service”

Cafe-Bar las Teresas
Ranked #577 of 3,095 Restaurants in Seville
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We sat down here for a quick bite and drink before an evening flamenco show. We ordered some tapas (chorizo, espinaca y garbanzos and solomio) which were average at best. The solomio was quite greasy and fairly tough. The waitstaff were rude, dismissive and actually engaged my brother-in-law (native Spanish speaker) in a petty argument about the quality of their service as we were attempting to settle the bill. Skip this place. You will miss nothing.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,284)

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

If you don't speak Spanish, you can lookup that word and decide what your reaction would be if the waiter used it when arguing with you to defend their lackluster service. The food was fine. Parking was ample.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Visited a couple of times. First time just had a couple of glasses of red wine but waiter was really friendly. Really good atmosphere and pleasant surroundings sitting outside in the narrow street. Second time, different waiter was much less attentive and the food we ordered was ok (Adobo and Bacalao) but definitely the the poorest over the 4 nights we spent in Seville.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I was a single girl travelling alone, but pretty competent and can certainly stand up for myself. The staff laughter at me and were rude and dismissive. This was not banter. I asked for a seat at the bar or table, the restaurant was busy but not fill up. I was escorted to a restaurant across the road and told it was the same company. I didn’t object. Then later after waiting for ages the waiter over there who was irritated by me and rude and dismissive told me all the things I wanted to order were not on offer - these are things I had seen in the original restaurant, the one I had wanted to go to, had walked inside, and had approached a member of staff in to be seated. So this waiter in the other restaurant across the road and over a bit then told me point blank they were different restaurants. I was furious and went back over to demand to know why this had happened and I had been sent over?? This wasn’t a misunderstanding. And sorry if my problem is not clear to follow. They were fobbing me off somehow, maybe the prices were higher, maybe it was the waiter’s friends establishment, who knows. But I sure made a fuss and told them I was writing a good blog specifically for them and it was silly what they had done ..they sombered up. So strange, and ruined a well planned trip of mine.
Octopus salad was good
Iberian ham was
Oil potatoes were good only they came with a big helping of tinned (yes tinned) tina on top which wasn’t ordered or in the description
No English menu - a bit silly and arrogant consodering a lot of customers were English and asking for one
Still don’t know what they were up to but it ruined the experience for me

Reviewed 28 August 2018

This place have a lot of history, a great atmosphere and good for a small lunch and beer. Absolutely worth the while to visit in a quaint little part of Seville.