“Didn't seem interested”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Casco Antiguo
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Tried to get a table here but the waiter was dismissive and extremely curt. Walked out without trying anything. Would never return.

Janet Sevilla L, Propietario at Restaurante Alianza, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

I am very sorry that you weren’t treated with the respect that all of our customers or potential ones are given. Many of the comments you can read about us point out the friendly nature of the staff which leads me to suspect you were not actually at our restaurant but rather at the one adjacent to ours and whose owner has a very unpleasant manner and who frequently engages in arguments with his customers. It is very unfortunate but since he often tries to make out like it’s all one big restaurant we are often victims of a gross misunderstanding. If in fact I learn that the waiter was in fact mine he will be dealt with accordingly.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

It can be hard finding with vegetarian options but this place has them!

Do be a little careful because some of them do contain fish but the hostess was very helpful bad salad and ratatouille were delicious! As were the bravas frites.

YUM!!

Janet Sevilla L, Propietario at Restaurante Alianza, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thank you for your comment and for pointing out vegetarian options. I believe a typing error could have meant “and” instead of “bad”...not quite sure. Thanks again

Reviewed 16 July 2018

A lovely restaurant serving delicious food. We had lunch. In the historical area of Seville. All I. All a lovely place to eat.

Janet Sevilla L, Propietario at Restaurante Alianza, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

We’re so happy that you enjoyed your lunch with us. Thank you for taking the time to comment. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

I wasn’t going to review this place as it’s quarter past 4 in Seville and I’m having too much fun but I saw some reviews below from people who, in my opinion, are painting brits as ignorant.

Firstly.... for Brit’s to say this is expensive is actually hilarious. I would like to remind them that in most restaurants in England a beer costs £5+ not €2.50. Plus the food was pretty similar in cost.

Secondly....if your in a prime location then yeh, you’re going to charge extra. Possibly because the rent surrounding a giant monolithic 11th century cathedral is pretty steep. Also I’m pretty sure if you’re a tourist then you’re going to want to eat pretty close to where you’re visiting. Good business I say. Props to you!

Thirdly.... and apologies to this specific reviewer but to say that the calamari is very fishy is actually the funniest thing I’ve ever heard.....ever. The calamari you get here is great and about 5 times the size of any calamari you’ll get back home. Oh and it’s meant to be rubbery FYI. Also where has this myth that food is somehow bad when it’s frozen come from! Do you actually know that all fish at some point is frozen on the massive deep sea trawler it’s fished on. Unless you catch the fish yourself it will be frozen, whether it’s captain birdseye or Pedro the local fish monger.....it’s frozen!

Fourthly! Our waitress was probably the most attentive we’ve had in Seville....and we’ve eaten out a lot! Service in Spain is generally slow, they’ll chat, they’ll procrastinate but you’ll have a good time because you’re on holiday. If you want speedy service that resembles the poor downtrodden teenager you get in England then go to Burger King! You’ll find the food there of a similar cost

In general keep on what your doing Alianza! Great food and service and please....for the most part at least; ignore reviews from Brits above the age of 45.....they’re generally too hot and angry at their partners for being with them on holiday

3  Thank Elliott L
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Just a light lunch. Gambas looked excellent, my chick pea and tripe was excellent and just the ticket for a spot of lunch. Slightly spicy, great gravy.. the guys said the Spanish omelet was good and also the burger hit the spot. Very nice ladies serving and view was Seville.. as it should be

1  Thank Richard M