“Great food...not so great service”
Review of San Marco

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Casco Antiguo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had lunch there on a Sunday. The food was good but the service is lacking. We had the garlic bread with cheese and escalope with peppercorn sauce and with marsala wine. Both werer tasty but the food was not very hot. Very nice location but gets busy in peak season.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,369)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant was literally 2 doors down from our hotel. It looked so inviting. Able to get reservations same day although it was early dinner. It worked out beautifully. We had the entrance area which was cool looking. Food was delicious, wine recommended was an excellent choice. Guitar player arrived towards the end of our dinner. Nice touch. Also dessert was outstanding. So glad we ended our trip with this restaurant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We actually ate here twice if that gives any clues to how good this place is. Everything is made in house and is delicious.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a very nice lunch here. Tomato and mozzarella followed by a generous and tasty mixed paella. The environment was blissfully cool with soaring temperature outside and the architecture interesting with vaulted columns and pleasant internal courtyard. Though busy the service was very good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I booked this restaurant at the last minute and I was happy to get a table. It is an Italian restaurant, which was what I wanted after several days of meat and tapas. Menus are in English and Spanish. There is a tasting menu for 37€, but we didn’t try it as I wanted a salad. The salads are huge, I would recommend sharing one. I had the endive salad which was beautifully presented. It was heavy on the dressing, though. I would ask for it on the side next time. I had the ravioli stuffed with ricotta with the San Marcos sauce. It was lovely. The wait staff was extremely attentive, always refilling our wine and water. The waiters let us try a taste of the wine before we purchased the bottle. My husband wanted an after dinner wine and they also let him try a couple of those before getting a glass. I would definitely go back to this restaurant. WARNING*** we noticed a table for 2 on the top of the stairwell. The poor couple seated there had a constant interruption of patrons passing by for the bathroom and asking them where it was located. Do not accept this table under any circumstances. ***

1  Thank Skystew101