See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 November 2014

This hotel is on the edge of town which is an advantage if you are just passing through.

Very much a business hotel with comfortable public areas. However my bedroom was quite small and tired with grubby wallpaper beginning to lift off the walls. Bathroom was fine and all pretty clean although my Strictly No Smoking bedroom reeked of smoking!

I have to say that breakfast was pretty poor with rubberised scrambled eggs super-acidic juice, rocket-fuel coffee.

Would I stay here again? Yes if just passing through and the price was right.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2014

As previously reviewed the hotel is away from the town. Both bus numbers 4 and 8 have stops nearby. The rooms are pleasant with good ac. In the lobby there is free coffee and various pasties throughout the day. The breakfast is good though the eggs disappeared quite quickly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank meb91
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We finished a 2 1/2 week bicycle tour of Spain and Portugal at this hotel as we had run out of time and this was a practical location for heading on to Sevilla and Morocco. Although we hadn't planned to stay here I was extremely pleased with the service that we received. The staff found storage spaces for 4 bicycles just off the lobby and straightened out an issue with Marriott amenities. After we decided the next morning that we would send the bikes back to Lisbon the front desk personnel found us boxes for helmets and arranged for another secure storage space until the shipping company arrived. Everyone was friendly, courteous and helpful even though our Spanish is not fluent.

I am a frequent traveler with Marriott and other chains and I was very impressed by the level of service exhibited at this property.

The breakfast buffet was typical with Serrano ham, tortilla, fruit, rolls and spreads - perfect for us. The bar area did not seem to have anything going on the night and following morning of our stay even though a flyer noted that they would be showing every single World Cup game. The fitness center was very small with just 3 machines and a rack of hand weights.

This is a business hotel and is far removed from the center of Huelva but it is adjacent to the autopista and near the university. The layout of the rooms echoed other AC hotels, the bed was comfortable and everything in the room worked (a big deal for me as we had problems in most of the places we stayed over a month traveling). Our room had a view of the empty, decrepit fountain near the autopista on ramps. We received a very good rate for two rooms as there did not seem to be much business at the start of the week.

Huelva has some interesting history and nearby sights as well as beach areas that are very close. We rode to town from the coast on a lovely bicycle path that paralleled the autopista. Frankly, I'd never heard of the town but I would like to return to this area in the future. When that happens I will be staying at the AC Hotel.

Thank you very much for the wonderful treatment and assistance that we received.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank terere2
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed here on a quick 1 night stopover on a recent driving trip through Spain. Very nice hotel, great breakfast and great staff. Our waiter in the restaurant was excellent and very hospitable. Access to parking was good too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Situated on the main road into town but 40 minutes walk from the centre, this modern hotel is very functional. Clean and comfortable, reasonable pricing and a good buffet breakfast make this a good base for a stay in Huelva. The immediate surroundings are not the most salubrious and it's a bit of a tight squeeze to get into the secure parking.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family