1,316 results
All reviews bungalow style all inclusive deal half board petrol station be returning to this hotel plenty of sunbeds lovely hotel indoor pool huge bathroom relaxing break nikki beach short break hen do sea front
Reviewed 22 October 2015

I was very upset on arrivel as I was told that they had overbooked and there was no room for me and would I go to theire sister hotel acros the road this is a 3 star and not a 4 star I went to see the room on offer I was not imprest at all as it was a long way from the dinning room and there was no dropt kerb for my scooter and no frige for my insolin I told the no it took the intervention of the general manager to sort me a room this was my 4 vist to this hotel with jet2 I have booked again for june next year hope I donot have same problem

Room tip: Very good when we got in theair
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
P-Stor, Gerente at Marbella Playa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

Dear guest, first of all I want to thank you for your review, which becomes a very useful tool to keep and improve our quality service in the future.
We are really sorry about your troubles at the arrival. We expect you forgive us about it and hope and wish your stay on the next year to be much better.
We are looking forward to seeing you.

MANAGER

Reviewed 16 October 2015

My husband and i returned last week from this hotel we both had a lovely time. Hotel was spotless the food was good. Staff in hotel especially reception were very helpful .
Only complaint is that hotel is not geared up for british if your french or german your sorted. Animation team work hard but none of them came near us as we were not french.
Would we go back yes definetly the location is great only a 10 min walk to bus stop for buses to marbella town centre fuengirola and porto buenus. We have no complaints

Room tip: Pay for a sea view room the rooms are beautiful
Date of stay: October 2015
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
P-Stor, Gerente at Marbella Playa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015

Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please Know that it is our aim that you spend the best days of your holidays with us and this is what we are working for and trying to improve every day.

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Manager

Reviewed 10 October 2015

This is such a great hotel in terms of appearance, facilities, food etc but it is a big let down if you are British. This is because everything is geared around the French guests. And I mean everything! Most of the hotel staff dont even speak english.
The reason I have given it a 4 star is because the hotel itself is fantastic.
We had a suite overlooking the pool and sea and was amazing. The food variety is very good and the quality of food is also very good. However, a few downsides are that there are never enough waiters behind the bars when you need a drink and if you are behind the french they order coffees all the time which ties the very few waiters up for ages making them. ALL the entertainment is in french and doesnt start until 10.15 pm. The hotel is on the beach about 5 miles outside Marbella centre - but you can get a taxi for 15 euros one way. Overall, we enjoyed the holiday and the hotel but would have preferred more english speaking based entertainment or interaction.

Room tip: The suites are fantastic.
2  Thank 852leem
P-Stor, Gerente at Marbella Playa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2015

Dear Guests, I would like to thank you for your long comments, as it is through them the best way we can improve the quality of our service, understanding the perception of our product and most important the quality and friendly service we provide.

I am certainly sorry about your stay was not in some stuff all what it could have been, and It’ll be delightful if you offer us the opportunity to return to have you back in any of our establishments.

Gerente hotel Marbella Playa

Reviewed 8 October 2015

Lovely hotel, we had a sea view room in the main hotel and it was very nice, very clean with coloured bedding and towels which made a change from off white you get in some hotels. We loved the food, but had problems with the language the staff did not speak a lot of english. The barman in the balcony bar was very helpful and pleasant which is more than can be said for the bar by the pool they were slow and miserable, I always got the impression it was because we are english. No idea what was going on with the entertainment could not understand it. The pool area is lovely but short of umbrella's, and the indoor pool is fantastic used it everyday. The only problem with this hotel is the language and it just caters for the french and german.

Room tip: Ask for room in main hotel.
1  Thank carole e

Gerente hotel Marbella Playa

Reviewed 5 October 2015

Hotel has great facilities but that's where it ends. Staff are friendly, but only a few actually can speak English All entertainment is in Spanish and no effort to include English speaking clientele .
The busiest bar is the pool bar, and only one of the limited staff, spoke English fluently. Several times we were being served when along came a Spanish patron resulting in them being served while we had to wait to have our order finished. Quite obvious we were at the bottom of the priority list.
Food is mediocre at best. Same food virtually every day. All food from the buffet borders on being cold. Chips from the pan next to the deep frier were almost always cold.
The only saving grace came when we discovered a small microwave and heated all our meals as this was the only way to get hot food.
We ended up having a couple of good dinners in Marbella and one dinner at a Chinese restaurant within walking distance of the hotel.
After reading the description of the hotel, we were under the impression we could probably walk into Marbella. No way !!! €18.00 taxi into Marbella and €15.00 return.
In all fairness, this is Spain and if they choose to only cater to Spanish, fair enough, but don't try to promote your hotel on our British sites.
This was two visits to the Marbella Playa...the first and the last

1  Thank Paul M
P-Stor, Gerente at Marbella Playa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2015

Dear Guests,
I would like to thank you for your comments, as it is through them the best way we can improve the quality of our service, understanding the perception of our product and most important the quality and friendly service we provide.

I am certainly sorry about your stay was not all what it could have been.

We regret not covering your expectations and we will be delighted if you offer us the opportunity to return to have you back in any of our establishments.

Manager