“Unbelievably rude manager”
Review of La Plaza

La Plaza
Ranked #166 of 2,609 Restaurants in Malaga
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Visted last week and ordered several tapas dishes. It was hard work to get served as it was busy but we finally did. When the food came it all looked lovely and was, we were surprised at the large size of the ribs tapas dish we ordered as it came with chips which it hadn't shown on the tapas menu. We didnt touch the chips in any case and struggled to eat all we ordered. When the bill came the dish was charged as a main plate at 16.50. On querying it and explaining we had not ordered it the waitress said she would call the manager. The manager was so rude and basically said dont eat something if you're not going to pay. At that point we had not said we wouldn't pay we just wanted to bring it to their attention. She brought the menu back and asked us what we ordered and we showed her the tapas ribs dish She asked which waitress served us and said if we didn't pay she woul fire here on the spot. Needless to say we paid and couldnt get out of there fast enough. Absolutely no need for it and it did but a dampner on the rest of our day.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I visit Malaga a lot and always used to come here.
The staff were always very nice.
However, on this visit it seems like the staff have been replaced with new people who unfortunately are really NOT nice.
Can't be bothered it seems to serve their customers and really don't like being interrupted while they're talking to their colleagues.
Terrible pity. USED to be such a great place.
WON'T BE BACK.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

I spent an hour here today whilst my wife shopped! Nothing new. This is a super spot supported by locals and tourists alike. The fact that the locals use it is always a positive. The staff are a treat. Recommended and worth a try

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Delightful tapas with prompt service. Really comfortable and good atmosphere inside on rainy days. Great selection of tapas along with good coffee and pleasant desserts. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

I don't submit negative reviews; there are enough grumpy people to do that. Right now you can count me among them.

The restaurant was busy but not crowded. We found a table that was relatively easy for my wife to get in and out of with her wheel chair and convenient to el baño. After 10 or 15 minutes of trying to flag down any of the three or four servers that rushed by, we were finally approached to be told we had to move. The two of us could not occupy a table for four; they were busy but not crowded. Because of my limited Spanish and disbelief, it took a bit of effort to get the idea across that we really had to move. Having had drinks or coffee there a few times and seen what others were having, we really wanted to try the food so we moved and stayed.
After another 5 or 10 minutes, I got up and got menus. After making our choices, we signaled to a passing server, who responded brusquely, "I only have two hands." In a couple minutes, another server took our order and we were served promptly enough. The vegetarian platter of tapas was fine, beautifully presented, and reasonable at 16,5. However, we seemed to major inconvenience to staff.
My experience is the tone is set by management at the top and whether the staff is poorly trained, mistreated, underpaid, overworked, or all of the above, I cannot say. We will not return; there are too many places in Málaga to eat.