All reviews nice hotel train station family room mini bar good size water pressure old town one night stay walking distance three nights city centre clean rooms on foot free wifi breakfast buffet sauna elevator
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Hotel was conveniently located for mainz centre and parks. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and overall we have no complaints - more than we expected for the price, we will definetly be back.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 31 August 2018

It is well situated from the centre of Mainz, approx. 10 minute walk to the train station. The staff were all friendly and welcoming, and a quick check in process. I had complimentary drinks from the mini bar included in my room rate and this was refreshed daily.
Rooms were clean, good wifi connectivity and good bathroom / shower facilities.
Breakfast was plentiful and always topped up.
All in all a good stay!

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank AndyandJackie
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Well located, but..... Nothing more. Like 25 years hotel providing you with no extra feelings for offered price level. Rooms are OK and clean, but again that's it. Positive part is reasonably good breakfast.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2018

Old hotel - seen better days. Most money spent on the public areas, although these could do with some freshening-up. The rooms are disappointing. White cells with old scuffed furniture and rubbish 'art' on the walls. When we expressed dissatisfaction with the room assigned to us, they declined to refund our money (paid on an advance rate) but moved us immediately to a much bigger one with more room to manoeuvre, but essentially the same. depressing decor. After unpacking, and settling down, I discovered a fly stuck to the edges of one of the cupboard doors. I could hardly have missed it. It was big, it was black, and it was very dead. I had had enough complaining so I dealt with it myself - as I pushed it, it cracked and disintegrated - it was not only big and black, and dead - it had been dead for quite some time. Completely unacceptable in a hotel at this purported standard. I came a bit out of town for a swimming pool, but regretted it. I won't return. The pool/spa facilities are good, but largely unattended. The breakfasts were as good as any hotel. Most of the staff were friendly and agreeable. The location is out of the centre, but there are buses from outside the door, and it is a short walk to the rail station.Although close to the station, the area is quiet, leafy, and respectable.

Room tip: Rooms in other hotels are probably better
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2018

The big trouble: the water came very small , sometimes it was very hot shortly and than very cool during the shower. The room is a little dirty. It is not suggested by me to stay this hotel again. It should be better for a 4 Star hotel....

Date of stay: May 2018