All reviews train station frankfurt airport next morning travelling by train room was clean decent coffee main bus stay there again excellent location free newspapers longer stay air conditioning reasonable rates mainz cathedral rental car excellent choice minute walk
Reviewed 3 March 2018

This was my second stay at this hotel. I chose it because of its excellent location near the train station and its reasonable rates. This time, my room was considerably larger than the last so it was a much better stay. Since I was visiting a friend in Ingelheim and then spending another day in Wurzburg, the proximity to the train station was perfect. I had flown in and out of Frankfurt, so this was also a plus as the airport train stops in Mainz. The hotel provides a good breakfast. Visiting there in December, I was able to experience the Christmas Markets that are in the center, and and could be easily reached on foot.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

On the occasion of recent Ambiente fair,l have stayed at this hotel for three nights.Very close to Mainz main train station.We had the train every day to Frankfurt in about 40 minutes to city center.Hotel Staff is very kind and helpfull.My room was quite large with all facilities available and in full function.Heating was good,too.Breakfast buffet was extensive with very limited hot scrambled eggs only.Maybe they can put more hot dish in the future.İt is about ten minutes on foot to the city center of Mainz.
Plenty of bars,restaurants around the hotel.A supermarket is also available behind the hotel.Strongly recommended.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2018

The hotel is within 3' walk from the train station.
Is a nice location not only for being located almost next to train station, and the old town can be reached by walking.
Our room was comfortable facing the main street.
At night it was quite.
Near this hotel it can be found different type of restaurants where to eat.
The room was clean and the bead was comfortable.
Both exterior and interior of the building were well maintained in despite of being over 70 years old.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2018

I always stay here a few days when I fly into Frankfurt to get over jet- lag and spend a few days acclimating to Europe. I rated this hotel as excellent because it is value for the money. The rooms are a good size, clean, and the hotel is near the train station. Breakfast is also EXCELLENT here - I can't wait to get up in the morning and get my first brotschen. It's about a 15 minute walk into the center of Mainz but lots of little shops along the way. There's a 24 hour desk - and all of the desk help is friendly and knowledgeable - they can also speak English. There's also a grocery store nearby. I'll be back on my next trip.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

A friend of mine and I recently travelled to a schoolfriend's 50th birthday in Wiesbaden, across the Rhine from Mainz.

I couldn't take time off work, so we decided to fly back to London early in the Monday morning (after the party) - hence we needed to find a hotel from which we could easily get to Frankfurt airport before 6am!

We both loved this hotel. The decor does make you feel you have arrived in Munich for the 1972 Olympics - but it was clean and tidy and warm and we had the warmest welcome. And, when we left, they did us each a packed breakfast, how super is that?

Loved the City and will definitely return for the Christmas market one year!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple