All reviews modern design free tea and coffee christmas market budget room minute walk friendly hotel underground garage excellent breakfast short stay nice stay train station fresh fruit old town grand prix busy road small room colorful
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Basic clean Ibis. Limited space in car park. Poor quality towels in shower room. Otherwise perfectly acceptable for a short break. Adequate breakfast. Helpful staff on front desk. Courtesy free bus to horse event in the stadium

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

My overall opinion is: when you pick Ibis, pick Ibis Styles. Having some moderate experience with other Ibis hotels this is a very nice change. Location is perfect when one talks about old city or downtown. Minus is noisy street - sirens of emergency units running down the street can wake you up. Family room was big enough for 4 grown ups. Nice design of the room and lobby. Small bathroom has all one needs - big plus for Eco liquid soap/shower gel! Very helpful staff. Breakfast for 2+ star hotel is OK. One can park his car in the garrage (maximum height of the car is 150cm) or use public parking. Our stay was during weekend, so we could park for free on the street till 9AM Monday. All day long one can use limonade/fresh coffee/tea stand close to the reception.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Marcin D
mercure1703, Front Office Manager at Ibis Styles Aachen City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Dear hotel guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Styles Hotel Aachen City.

Vanessa Kumor / Front Office Manager

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Who would ever consider a 1,4x2 m bed a double bed?

Apparently this hotel would. However, it is impossible for two people to sleep confortably in such a bed, especially when the bed is so soft and worn down that it sags in the middle.

The hotel service is not good. I really don't like when you come late and the hotell staff lies to you just to sell that last awful room that nobody wants. Then just shrugs their sholders - "This is what you pay for", "We have no other rooms available", but surprisingly - if you don't give up, they have other rooms available.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2016

This is a very basic hotel, very typical of the stripped out style of Ibis. Parking is an absolute nightmare - parking spaces are small and you are recommended to check your car size first. This I did, but still couldn't get in - a common complaint about this hotel. Had to leave my car in the road several streets away which I wasn't pleased about.
Reception was friendly and good English was spoken. The public areas of the hotel are decorated in a style more suitable to a child's playgroup.Bedrooms are small and sparsely furnished, though the bathroom was well appointed. The area around the hotel was somewhat squalid, with beggars, graffiti and empty shops. At least it was quiet at night.
There is a basic bar, though it had all the appeal of a table in a cheap fast food joint. Breakfast was surprisingly good, with a reasonable choice, fresh and well presented, in a light and airy room.

Room Tip: Go for upper floors away from the street.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2016

We stayed one night at the Ibis Styles Aachen City, and found the hotel room and bathroom very modern, functional, and cheerful. All was very clean, and we got a walk-in shower as requested. The breakfast was adequate.
Special mention and praise go to Isabelle and Sharmila who were in attendance when we arrived. I had the difficult task of driving our medium-sized car down to the car parking area. Isabelle very ably and kindly helped in indicating how many cm were left between our car, the wall on the left, and two cars parked in marked areas on the slope into the car park. I was sweating blood as I dreaded scraping the wall on the left, or one of the parked cars on the right, with our 6-week old car. I have never seen anything as mad as this, especially as there were plenty of spaces left in the parking area. Then I had to reverse onto a ramp, as otherwise, in case the ramp needed lifting, the back of our estate car would have been damaged. This took about 8 -10 manoeuvres, and I was glad when the whole business was done. I dreaded leaving the parking area the next morning, but the big car had left, and passing the remaining car was not quite so difficult.
The hotel itself was very good, as expected, but the nerve-wracking car parking arrangements at the Ibis Styles would make me choose another hotel if we stayed at Aachen again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Tilly14