All reviews modern design free tea and coffee aachen city christmas market budget room minute walk friendly hotel excellent breakfast underground garage comfortable bed located close short stay fresh fruit train station nice stay parking space on foot
Reviewed 23 June 2016

We stayed one night at the Ibis Styles Aachen City, and found the hotel room and bathroom very modern, functional, and cheerful. All was very clean, and we got a walk-in shower as requested. The breakfast was adequate.
Special mention and praise go to Isabelle and Sharmila who were in attendance when we arrived. I had the difficult task of driving our medium-sized car down to the car parking area. Isabelle very ably and kindly helped in indicating how many cm were left between our car, the wall on the left, and two cars parked in marked areas on the slope into the car park. I was sweating blood as I dreaded scraping the wall on the left, or one of the parked cars on the right, with our 6-week old car. I have never seen anything as mad as this, especially as there were plenty of spaces left in the parking area. Then I had to reverse onto a ramp, as otherwise, in case the ramp needed lifting, the back of our estate car would have been damaged. This took about 8 -10 manoeuvres, and I was glad when the whole business was done. I dreaded leaving the parking area the next morning, but the big car had left, and passing the remaining car was not quite so difficult.
The hotel itself was very good, as expected, but the nerve-wracking car parking arrangements at the Ibis Styles would make me choose another hotel if we stayed at Aachen again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Tilly14
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Very clean, albeit a small room. Good shower and comfortable bed. Free wifi and free hot drinks available in reception until 10pm. Cheap parking at the hotel and a free good quality buffet breakfast. Only downside was that we could not get the room cool enough without opening the window; but being on a busy road this meant it was noisy.
10 minutes walk into the centre and good value.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
mercure1703, Front Office Manager at Ibis Styles Aachen City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Dear hotel guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Styles Hotel Aachen City.

Vanessa Kumor / Front Office Manager

Reviewed 30 May 2016

Nice clean hotel, just the very basics. You have to go to the reception desk for ice, there isn't any ice machine on the floors. They only leave one towel in the bathroom, no face cloth. They do provide a hair dryer that works well.
Good food in the restaurant. Close to downtown. We walked all over the area. Very beautiful city.

Stayed: May 2016
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Place is good and clean. Breakfast is buffet with various type of food. Staff is always being helpful. Place is not too far from city center. You can walk up to the shopping area, central church or even university. There is one laundry shop across the street.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
mercure1703, General Manager at Ibis Styles Aachen City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Dear hotel guest,

Vanessa Kumor / Front Office Manager

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Supposed to stay here for 26 days. Greta breakfast spread every morning. Centrally located, Cathedral and the central parts of the city are walkable. Non-smoking hotel is the best part about the hotel. Go around and enjoy yourself.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the largest
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends