All reviews christmas market perfect location taxi rank shops and cafes coffee making facilities spiral staircase city centre hotel main street free wifi nothing fancy decent hotel breakfast buffet within easy walking distance small bar air conditioning rooms are comfortable nice breakfast
Reviewed 1 January 2017

My wife and I stayed here for one night on the fist leg of our German Christmas markets tour 2016.
We have stayed here before but a few years ago. The hotel is well placed for access to the old town and shopping. We used the multi storey car park nearby which is a few minutes walk away, cost per night around 12 euros.
The staff are helpful and friendly and the rooms are of a good size with a safe. Beds are comfortable and we found our room very clean. The breakfast is quite expensive although there are plenty of eateries nearby. We didn't have breakfast this time as we needed to be on the road early but have had it on previous occasions when it was cheaper. I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2016

I have given this hotel an overall terrible rating not because of the quality of the accomodation, which was very good (and have given that specific ratings accordingly) but because I booked my stay under a special pre-paid, non-refundable offer that was supposed to include breakfast. However when I checked in at the hotel I was told breakfast was extra. Because I had made the booking several months earlier and didn't have a copy of the booking with me I thought perhaps I had misunderstood the terms and breakfast was not included, so I decided not to make a fuss and accepted what the receptionist said. When I had breakfast the next morning I was charged 17 Euros which seemed exorbitant so for the remainder of my stay I had breakfast elsewhere. It was inconvenient but a lot cheaper. When I got home I checked the original booking details and found that my memory was in fact correct and breakast should have been included in the price. Therefore because of Accor's administrative bungle I had to pay more for my stay than I should have and had to wander round Aachen in the morning trying to find places open at Christmas that offered breakfact at a more reasonable price that the hotel's ludicrous fee. A very bad experience which marred my stay. If I use this hotel group in future I will make sure I have a copy of the booking with me so I can double-check whatever the receptionist claims.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 28 December 2016

The air in the bedrooms was too dry, Windows could not be open.
Fan noise the whole night.
The beds where not comfortabele.
We had a Discussion, at the lobby, about the payment of the breakfast, allthough we did a remark at the booking on the internet for an extra person.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 26 December 2016

Quite easy to find and thanks to hints one here we found the car park too. Be aware though that you aren't supposed to drive into Aachen unless you have a pass for a green friendly car. Hotel didn't warn us, but we got away with it.
Receptionists really don't know how to welcome guests, no friendly conversing. No chance of getting into your room early either if you arrive before 3.
Room fairly comfortable. Bathroom on 6th has no blinds so you feel a little exposed,
Breakfast was ok, much warmer welcome. Plenty of choice but hot food was cold.
No issues with noise though we were on the street.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2016

We arrived by train and chose to catch a bus up to the hotel. Buses leave from just across the road outside the station. They seem frequent, journey time about 5 mins, single fare 1.50 euros. Bus stop is very close to the hotel - get off when you see the Dom just behind the hotel!

Our room was spacious, comfortable, clean and had a nice bathroom with a bath as well as a shower. Everything was done with German efficiency and we enjoyed our stay there. There was an issue (which other reviewers have commented on) with one very unhelpful member of staff on reception. I understand this is being addressed and it does not reflect the general high standard of staff at the hotel. We found all the others to be extremely pleasant, helpful and they speak excellent English. If you choose to eat breakfast at the hotel, there is a very good buffet. Be aware that if you are an Accor card holder entitled to a welcome drink, you will get just one drink for the two of you and the price limit will mean it's a soft drink.

We are already keen to book our stay for the Christmas market again next year!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple