See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Went just for overnight stay with very low expectations. It was OK, if you just go for sleep. Location very good to travel by train. Just across to the main station. Confusing that you have to make the check in at Hotel Bahnhof.
They also switched and send us to the room at Bahnhof Hotel. I guess same owner operates both hotels.

Room Tip: Some double rooms do not have queen beds, two single bed stacked together
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2016

The hotel is a one minute walk across the main street from the main train station. A sign on the hotel entrance directed me to check in around the corner at the Hotel am Bahnhof because the lobby desk is not manned. That was not a problem at all since it was only a few steps away. I had no issues checking in. The desk clerk was polite & efficient. There is no elevator so the clerk carried my (heavy) luggage up to my room which was not expected but very much appreciated. The room was exactly what I expected for the price. It was "no frills" but clean. The room was quiet. There are numerous restaurants nearby & the city center is about a 10 minute walk away. I will stay at the Hotel Stadtnah again as it was conveniently located & priced fairly for what I wanted.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2016

We stayed at this hotel, well it's sister hotel (Hotel am Bahnhof) it is conveniently located near the Hauptbahnhof. Strange set up though had to go to the entrance of the Hotel am Bahnhof to sign in as the reception at Hotel Stadtnah was not manned, that where we found out that we were booked in Hotel am Bahnhof.
Basic room double bed well to single beds moved together and there was a small gap between the mattresses. NO tea and coffee making facilities in the room.
Room was clean as was the bathroom, not disability friendly though our room was on the second floor no lift available.
You do get free WIFI but need to obtain password from reception.
Going down for breakfast we again had to go into the other hotel (Stadtnah) breakfast was good (no cooked breakfast)

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor less stairs to carry up your luggage
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2016

- the reception was in the other hotel, "Am Bahnhof", located nearby, and my room was also there. Nobody informed me in advance. I couldn't find this second hotel at booking.com. Later the owner said that she owns both hotels, "it's all the same hotel", but this hotel was a "better one", and in "Stadtnah" there were "worse rooms with old furniture" (what the owner says);
- I stayed there for 12 days, and the room was not properly cleaned even once, floors were not washed, dust wasn't removed... The bedding linen was not changed! And it was not really clean from the very beginning! The same was true for the room of my colleague, who also booked this hotel. Unfortunately, we were asked to pay for 12 days when we arrived, and we did that...
- asking about the room cleaning (day 8 of our stay) raised the conflict with the owner, very unpleasant woman, who shouted at us using bad words. To her opinion, the price of the room is very low (around 60 euro/night), and we couldn't expect the "five-star" service (washing floors?..). The woman was very rude, shouting in bad English and not listening to our actual questions.
- after that, she started visiting our rooms when we were away, ignoring the "do not disturb", touching and rearranging our things (still not cleaning). The last day of my stay there, she stole my shoe spray, which I got back (only after I came there being really angry) in the evening from the boy at the reception, who said that I "destroyed the floors" when using it (small black spot on the floor). BTW, I removed that spot easily with a wet paper napkin. They didn't even try to clean my room, never! When I pointed out that it was unacceptable to take my things, I got the answer from the owner: "That's my hotel, my home, and everything in it belongs to me". If it wasn't the last day, I would call the police!
- during the check-out in the morning last day, the owner came to our rooms at 7am (check-out is until 12!) and literally was throwing our luggage away, shouting at us and even kicking our stuff and even us (!).
To my opinion, this hotel is run by the insane person, and I would highly recommend to avoid it. There are many other hotels in that area, I believe they all are much better for the same price.

Little and big additional disadvantages:
- wifi connection was awful;
- there is no elevator in the building, so the traveller needs to carry the luggage up the very steep stairs;
- disregarding the "no smoking" warnings, it smells heavily with smoke everywhere in the building;
- breakfast is served from 8 am, which is too late for a working person: I was leaving at 7-30 every morning, so I had no chance to go to breakfast;
- noisy!
- not important for me, but the TV channels were only in German...

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Svitlana K
Reviewed 13 December 2015

Budget hotel with slightly dated but very clean rooms. Pleasant and friendly reception staff. Excellent wi-fi facilities with a large television. Location is very good just beside a main road and within walking distance of the city center.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends