See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2018

A really nice place to stay, large, spacious room and even though it's a hotel there's a cozy feeling of hostel about it. A common area to relax in, including a terrace in summer. Friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2017

It's been a year since I stayed at GreifenNest but I just needed to write a review because this place and the guy working February 22nd 2016 are amazing, and saved me from bursting into tears. I had arrived from Manchester, England into Rostock to start a work placement at the Marine Science Center in nearby Warnemunde. My phone wasn't working and nowhere had wifi, my only contact in Rostock was a girl who I'd never met and so I was literally stuck in the train station for 2 hours with all my luggage until past 10pm. I was close to tears when I decided to leave and asked the taxi man to take me to a nearby hostel or hotel, I thought Id have to pay about 100 euros for somewhere last minute, and was dreading being taken miles and miles away from the station. Luckily the taxi man dropped me off at GreifenNest. The guy working, I think the manager, was so nice, he was in the middle of closing up and still let me stay and I'm sure I only paid around 40 euros. He showed me around and gave me wifi details to get in touch with home, he offered me cake, helped me up the stairs with my case, and helped me call my contact in Germany on the office phone to arrange meeting the next day. If I wasn't so tired and emotionally drained I'd have hugged him! Thank you GreifenNest, I was maybe the most scared I'd ever been and you helped me so much!

Room Tip: I remember lots of stairs, not so good for people with walking difficulties
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2017

For what it is, Hotel GreifenNest is really good. That is, an inexpensive, "backpacker" style hotel with clean rooms, friendly helpful staff, laundry service, a decent breakfast (for a reasonable additional charge), and a convenient location. Definitely recommended!

"Family room" is really two separate rooms with a shared bath between them - convenient for our family of two parents and two teen-agers. Each room was a bit small, with limited storage space, but adequate.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

The Hotel Greifennest is on a great place to visit Rostock. The daily changing breakfast surprises you during your stay - positivly. Everyday new things are prepared so that their offer never becomes boring. The Team was friendly and gave us good recommendations for the city and surroundings. A good place to be if you visit Rostock.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2016

Very qwerky hotel, everywhere you looked there was something odd, for example a suitcase stuck to the ceiling, hats as lampshades, old vacumcleaner as a planter etc etc. Guinea pigs in reception very cute. The staff are very helpful and they have secure private parking. The breakfast though was a bit expensive.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple