All reviews executive room close to the airport office area business hotel stayed here hotel is situated nice room per night good size shuttle stadtpark sink laptop stylish tv gym desk
Reviewed 6 March 2018

A newly built hotel with excellent facilities (clean rooms, huge flat screen, free fast wifi, sauna, small gym) .

The breakfast is really good, however it's almost the same everyday.

The hotel is really close to the airport just 10 minutes. They also offer a free shuttle bus to the airport.

To go to the city centre you'll need to walk to the S-Bahn station which is 10 minutes walking, then take the SBahn from there which comes frequently. The S-Bahn to the city centre takes 15 minutes.

Overall it's a nice hotel for business holidays and meetings.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

I have stayed here a few times now with work and it is always perfect. The wifi runs well, the food is good, the breakfast choice is amazing. The staff are really friendly and will go out of their way to help you.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

There are pros and cons, but in the end the sleep quality is the most important, and one couldn't hope to sleep with the noise in my room. There has been loud (I mean really loud) bangs from the heating system (or the pipes, but I think it was from the heating/ventilation) throughout the night. Continuously. Every 10-15 minutes, series of at least 10 bangs: bang... 5 seconds... bang... 10 seconds... bang... 10 seconds... bang.. etc. At all times, at all hours. I had to cover my ear with a second pillow, I was so happy to have pillows in my double bed. This is totally unacceptable for a hotel - we go there to sleep. I've got out of bed and caught one or two bangs on a video, although not the first ones from a series, which were the loudest. By the time I was deciding to go out of bed, grab my phone, find the video recording and do it, the bangs were going lower in intensity - but I still have some of it! (we need to prove everything we say nowadays...)

Pros:
My room had adequate size and was clean. The bed is comfortable and there are enough pillows. I really liked the curtains that properly covered the windows' length and didn't let the light through. Wifi also worked OK for me.
The breakfast is very expensive, but I must say the scrambled eggs were the best ever!

Cons (other than the noise):
Line-ups at the reception: I saw some of the longest/slowest line-ups that I've seen in the past years, when all is computerized. I wanted to ask some things at the reception, but with more than 10 people standing already in line, I gave up.

There is no water bottle in the room, whereas most other hotels offer at least a small water bottle free on the table.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hamburg - City Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Hello Diana N,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to know you liked the cleanliness of your room. On the other hand, I am sorry for the inconvenience you had with the noise which affected your stay. I am also sorry for the long wait you had in our reception area. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 January 2018

over night stay, its very new hotel and modern, the rooms are nice , most have a small seating area , it has an amazing gym and sauna on the top floor 18th, the view is nice, you can get free great coffee in the morning next to the reception between 4-6 am only, as well there is a desk especially for joggers that gives you a route and even a drink > the shuttle can only be taken from departure terminal inform on=f the plaza hotel sign, so do not do what i did and wait in the arrivals , the airport information did not know this as this hotel is new and they have not updated their information.
the shuttle is free and leaves 15 and 45 past every hour, and i think they start at 5 am.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

The first time in a Holiday Inn and after entering the hotel was coming directly the WOW effect
Modern trendy design, open space system where all the areas are " connected" and the materials are really high quality.
Then we opened the door to our Executive room and again comes a big WOW on our lips.
16th floor, at the end of the building with windows everywhere. Large windows with a dream view over the Hamburg skyline, a super cosy king-size bed, a trendy and also functional bathroom, coffee-pad machine and so on.
A real brand new diamont in Hamburg.
"We love it"