All reviews free city great location central station free travel ticket transit pass public transportation travelling by train short walk the air conditioning no tea coffee making facilities single bed would stay here again two nights city centre street noise short stay free wifi
Reviewed 23 December 2014

I am not a happy customer. I paid extra for a "business" room only to discover it was the same like a normal room only overlooking a construction site and not the busy street. You would at least expect decent wifi in a business room, right? Well, not in this Intercity Hotel!! We hardly had any signal.

The room was small, the carpets were dirty and worn out, the bathroom had a multi-purpose soap (same bottle for hair, body and hands. No conditioner or any other toiletries). The towels were old, hard and worn out and the bedsheets had seen better days. i felt cheated because I stayed in a similar room in an Ibis hotel in Bordeaux for exactly 1/3 of the money I paid for this room.

On the positive side:
The staff was friendly and helpful but unfortunately they couldn't get us another room even when we offered to pay more. Moreover, the hotel is very conveniently located 2 mins walk from the central station. The elevator was very nice too.

Overall, I wouldn't stay there again and would rather walk an extra 5-10 mins and book at the nearby Meridien which I could get for the same price incl breakfast. This is NOT a 4-star hotel. Even 2 stars is a stretch in my opinion.

Room tip: Stay elsewhere. If you stay with this establishment, don't bother paying extra for a business room, it's a scam.
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marianthi M
Reviewed 8 December 2014 via mobile

We booked a business room. We arrived ahead of schedule and the staff was very accommodating in arranging a room for us right away.
However... When we got in our room... It was bad! And it was not really cheap. The carpet was disgusting, the room was small, the sheets had holes, the towels were better to be replaced by sandpaper and the only "business" about it, was the fact that it was not on the street side. We tried to switch rooms, but apparently the hotel was completely full(???). We could not throw money at the problem, because there were simply no rooms available. (again, the staff was really polite about it). On top of this, we found out that the wifi was close to unusable. It promised to be 256kb/s, but in reality, none of our devices reached more than 8kb/s. So I'm glad I did not book the business room for any actual buisness. We could pay of course an additional 8 euro a day (!) for faster internet.
Apparently the hotel was refurbishing its rooms, so we arrived when the room was at the end of its life
In the end we just buckled up and tried to make the best of it.

Maybe the rooms will be much nicer when the refurbishment is over...

Date of stay: December 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank joranr88
Reviewed 15 November 2014

This hotel is right outside Hamburg Hbf station, and having been on a long train journey was a welcome roof for the night! The staff were very professional and spoke perfect English (which shames my attempt to speak German). The rooms were spotless and comfy and very quiet considering the busy road outside. Breakfast was hearty and even an evening meal in the hotel restaurant proved that 'in-house' dining can be good. However this isn't what you'd class as a romantic hotel, more business like but this didn't matter on this occasion as I was travelling with my father to visit the city. Would certainly use this hotel again as it is well priced and well placed.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank petenromney
Reviewed 21 September 2014

I arrived around 7 pm, found my room as described, was given free transportation ticket for my total stay, staff are friendly & helpful, breakfast was so tasty & delicious, the Hotel Location is awesome, you have the main train station in front of you, 2 min walk, you can find some shops & a lot of restaurants, also hotel is near city center where the famous shopping street "mönckebergstraße" , this is my 4th stay at this hotel every time I visit Hamburg.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Shady S
Reviewed 9 September 2014

Although I arrived around 10am and was too early to check in, I was given my transportation voucher for free public transportation, bags locked up for safe keeping and a map of the city. This is a very nice hotel in a great location.....you have the Central Train Station right across the street, Old Town within easy walking distance and shopping and restaurants right around the corner..... you get all of this in one very convenient location. The staff was very courteous and helpful and the room attendants very friendly. Lots to see in Hamburg and this location gives you a great head start with it's location alone ! I will definitely stay at this InterCity Hotel again....

Date of stay: August 2014