1,669 results
All reviews top floor alster lake a lake view room walk in shower st georg minute walk spa area lange reihe an upgrade breakfast room rooftop bar modern design steam room great shower fitness center central station hotel is located
Reviewed 21 September 2018

arrived for a week vacation with my wife. although booked single beds ,wasoffered room with double bed. after argument with recption was transfered to a room with single beds and one window over the inner court.room was dark not enough.lights .
front table did not know basic unformation like : taxi tariiff. the lobby small with poor lighting. in five nights the beds were not turned down once.
tne wi-fi connection malfunctioned all the time and we had to reconnect each time wanted to use it .ate one diner the food was mediocer the medium stake was very medium
to conclude: for their prices certainly short on the sevice

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
SuH323, Manager at Le Meridien Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Dear Zuk100,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us some feedback with regards to our facilities and services during your last stay at the Le Meridien Hamburg.

I would like to personally pass on my sincere apologies for the inexcusable lapse in service extended to you when visiting our hotel recently. Please be explained that all of our TWIN (single beds) rooms are always facing the inner court, the rooms facing the lake view have only King beds. However that should have been explained to you upon check in. We make sure to reinforce internal training and ensure that we avoid a recurrence of such an unpleasant welcoming again.

We do over Turn Down Service upon request, for future please let me know and whis will be arranged accordingly.

Once again I have to apologize, because this is not the kind of service that the Le Meridien Hamburg is committed to provide.
I would very much like to welcome you back to Hamburg to convince you of our hospitality and please don´t hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance in any matter.

Have a lovely Weekend ahead.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Had a suite on the 9th floor - stunning views, comfortable bed, great amenities and superb lighting in both bedroom and bathroom. Super shower with body jets and a very interesting layout with upstairs bathroom and loo. However, real stars of the show were the staff - could not be faulted at check-in, check-out, bar, dining room. We had a supeerb dinner and the buffet breakfasts are about the best we have sampled around the world.

Room Tip: Go for a suite on the 9th floor - lovely rooms and adjacent to the dining room and bar
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
PhilippS2579, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Miloj,

thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at Le Méridien Hamburg.

We are happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay and will gladly share your feedback with all our team members.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards

Philipp Sprich

Reviewed 17 September 2018

My wife, Kath, and I stayed at the Meridien for two nights whilst visiting old friends in Hamburg. We wanted to stay somewhere a little more ‘upmarket’ than our usual choice of ‘billet’ and somewhere within easy walking distance of the Alster Lake, the city, main rail station and the Kunsthalle museum. I chose the Meridien and it fitted the bill perfectly. During our stay we walked everywhere, as planned – so need for taxis if you don’t mind a leg-stretch.
We’d arrived (by train) from Berlin earlier than the advertised check-in time (3 p.m.), but were very politely advised that our room was ready for occupation – it was only 1.30 p.m. Good start!
We had reserved a ‘lake view’ room and were not disappointed with our 4th floor perch. The room was superb, lots of space, top-notch fittings and a luxurious bathroom, complete with robes & slippers! The soundproofing was brilliant; we were oblivious of the traffic on the busy lake road which I knew fronted the hotel when I made the reservation.
I can’t comment on the’ public’ spaces in the hotel as we didn’t use the restaurant or other facilities, but the bar/lounge area looked very inviting. Not-so-inviting was the price for a ‘full’ breakfast – from 32 euro! However good the food, that’s indigestion territory for me. We’d always intended to eat locally in the St Georg area, and did so very well, and within 5 mins. walk of the hotel (turning right out of the hotel and right again takes you to the eateries & bars).
To summarise, if you want to spoil yourselves a little when in Hamburg, then the Meridien would be hard to beat.

1  Thank samphireskipper

Dear samphireskipper,

Thank you very much for your positive review of your recent stay with us.
We will gladly share the feedback with all our team members which will surely motivate them in the day-to-day operations.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Philipp Sprich

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Stayed last time about 2012 in this hotel and booked it again for a business trip. I had the service as good in mind but already at check in it was clear that management or/and stuff changed.
As SPG Platinum member you get normally an upgrade, wine appreciation in the evening or ironing of suit after arrival, but not in Le Meridien Hamburg. You get nothing.

At check in the lady didn't recognize my status and tried to sell me an upgrade so that breakfast is included, after some discussions she agreed that according spg benefits my breakfast should be for free included .
The room I booked had a nice view in the description but I got just an standard room with very ugly view on the other hotel side. I complained again, after 20 min later I got an bigger room with city view, not perfect but at least bright and with terasse.

During arrival nobody will help you with luggage, many cars parking direct in front of the hotel door, nobody there who can manage this chaos.
The room is clean however the minibar is empty. Just a note inside that you can order by phone drinks.
All in all very poor service, the hotel shouldn't be part of the SPG programme, makes no sense at all.
For the quite high rate and the service I got I can give unfortunately not a good evaluation. Will not come back here.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
PhilippS2579, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear volkchristian,

thank you very much for taking your time to review your stay at our property.
We are deeply sorry to learn that your stay has not met your expectations.

I would like to personally apologize for not having recognized the membership of one of our groups most loyal members.
We will certainly use your detailed feedback in order to train our team and improve services for our valued guests.

Should you be returning to Hamburg, please feel free to contact me directly, so I can assist with your booking and hopefully get a chance to prove that this was only a one-time shortfall of service.

Philipp S.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a weekend just to explore Hamburg and what it had to offer. The hotel is beautiful with really nice rooms, but the best thing is the breakfast. One of the best I have had for a long time. The hotel is also well situated close to the city centre. This makes it easy to get to the huge variety of restaurants and bars that Hamburg have to offer. If you like to stay in a clean, well maintained and quiet hotel?. Don't hesitate, book a room at Le Meridian Hamburg. Ps. Do you like to run?. There's a perfect path around the lake (approximately 7 km). A perfect start on a Saturday morning .

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear Per D.

thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hamburg very soon.

Philipp S.