All reviews excellent location single room the main train station bit dated room was large recommend this hotel small hotel public transport good size breakfast room hauptbahnhof key germany convenience euros
Reviewed 15 November 2014

Our room, #504, was large, clean, and comfortable with a splendid view overlooking the train station and its impressive clock tower. The room décor was decidedly dated, reminiscent of what passed for luxury in the 1970s DDR, but all of the furnishings were in good condition and everything worked, including the WIFI. The flat screen TV was quite small, which might bother some people but not us. We enjoyed such quirks as the enormous brass room key (which you leave at reception whenever you go out). Our only real complaint is that the breakfast was mediocre at best with so-so cold cuts, bad coffee, and worse juice. Still, the scrambled egg studded with bacon bits was tasty, and the yogurt and fruit were fine. All in all, for the modest price of 75 Euros, we were well satisfied.

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel is in an excellent position. It is directly opposite the Main Train Station and in close proximity to Metro Stations. There are trains that run to the airport every 15 minutes or so. The various 'Hop-on-Hop-Off Buses' begin their journeys directly opposite in front of the Station. There are supermarkets very close by - turn left as you make you exit from the hotel and walk for a few minutes. The main shopping area is also close. Walk through the station, cross the road and then you are there. Keep walking - the Rathaus and Lake are not far away.
I have read the criticism from other reviews. I can only speak as I find. My room was spotlessly clean - spacious with a high ceiling. It faced a busy street, but I did not find that a problem. I do agree that air conditioning would have been appreciated.
The Breakfasts were quite adequate and there was plenty to eat. I was quite happy.
The Staff, I thought, were first class. Very kind and helpful. The Receptionists, in particular, were fantastic. One young lady especially went to a lot of trouble to find out about the available 'Beatles Tour's Of Hamburg'. Not only did she find out what was on offer, but also where I should go to book. I should previously say that I had asked for this information from the Tourist Information Centre and received very little help. To do this tour was my reason for visiting the city of Hamburg - so I am very much in the debt of this Receptionist.

Room tip: some rooms overlook a busy road - bear that in mind if you area light sleeper
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Nice clean room with view to the Haubtbahnhof. The Roma Are in old style. No AC at our room. Staff is overall friendly. The breakfast is terrible, so borring that we only had breakfast one day, all though we paid for three days.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NovumGroupHotels, Guest Relation Assistant at Novum Hotel Kronprinz Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.
We are delighted that you had a nice time in Hamburg.
Of course we have passed your comment regarding the breakfast to our service leader.
We would be glad to welcome you again in one of our Novum Hotels.

Faithfully Yours

Kronprinz Team

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is not a great hotel. Too many rooms have been carved out of an old building using insufficiently sound-proofed material. I was in room 508 and could hear the TVs from both adjoining rooms perfectly clearly. Sleep would have been difficult without ear plugs. No air conditioning so room's window needed to be left open during the day even in early June. Billed as a double room, it was only just suitable for one person. Breakfast was adequate but without any cooked item other than scrambled egg. All areas were clean and the front desk friendly, but I wouldn't use this hotel again.

Room tip: Avoid any room ending in "08".
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank C88DNF
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My review would be favorable except for two things:

My room and a few others share a common light/air well. I am on the top floor. A restaurant below has a grille exhaust into the well that sends a burnt greasy smell into my room and clothes. I try to keep the window closed untill they finish in the evening.

The wifi is too slow to upload photos to the cloud. The guy at the desk said that iPhones do not work well here, and unfortunately that is what I have.

Room tip: Maybe a lower floor would get less smell from the restaurant. (Or maybe more.)
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Willy2518
NovumGroupHotels, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Novum Hotel Kronprinz Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and your honest words, regarding you stay in our Hotel Kronprinz.
Of course, we have passed the criticized points to the corresponding departments.
We want to apologize very much for the resulting inconvenience.

Kind regards,