2,840 results
All reviews luxury room canal view modern hotel perfect location city hall neuer wall nespresso machine five star hotel great room excellent hotel junior suite comfortable beds spa area beautiful city business trip public transport shopping area
Reviewed 5 October 2015 via mobile

Excellent suite with a beautiful view. That was our experience. The staff were very welcoming and that just made our stay even better. The location is perfect as it's just a couple of hundred meters from the busy center and 10 minute walk from Hafen city, yet quiet enough.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Gilles_Felgen, Manager at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2015

Dear Saleem A,

thank you very much that you took the time to comment your stay.
Feedback is utmost important to us as it gives us the opportunity to improve.
I am particularly proud to read that our team’s service level matched your expectations. I will of course pass the feedback over to my team.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcoming you very soon again in Hamburg or at any other Sofitel Luxury Hotel.

Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

Well we had looked forward to stay at Sofitel hamburg cause I've been to Sofitel the palm in dubai last year and it was perfect, but Hamburg standard is not 5 stars, I become a member and checked online and got 10% discount, the reception staff very polite we got our key to a deluxe room river view 270€ with breakfast after 10% off, in the room ONE bottle of still water complimentary what a joke for a 5 star, no nespresso machine no iron or iron board, no salt for the tub , one and half toiletpaper role, the kleenex box was empty after I just took one piece, just one shampoo and bodyshampoo at least it was LAVIN, the gym is just one room one multi machine and no bottled water , the steam bath out of order , no slippers at the spa, or bottled water , no shampoo at the showers in the spa , the cafe the bistro and the restaurant was closed haha all of them, there were apples at the reception desk tho for 270€ a night, I read somewhere if you get a suite for twice the amount then you get a coffee machine I guess it's cheaper to order coffee from room service then ;) well to breakfast, nothing special we had to call the waiter to fill our orange juice several times cause they have the orange juice the other juices are at the buffet good thing tho it was real orange juice, the cappuccino was from a press button machine not a real espresso again not 5 stars, nothing in this hotel is 5 starts and the reception staff are the only thing, they are polite but aren't they everywhere at 4 or 5 stars when you pay 250€ above, I stayed at Pullman Paris it was only 4 star but they had everything Sofitel Hamburg lacks, well we cancelled our next night same night and we move to Atlantic kempinski, cause four season were full, we stayed there last time four season is truely 5 star , I recommend stay at radisson blue Hamburg for 125€ the half of Sofitel and get the same things and service, sorry radissons normal rooms have coffee machine and iron and iron board and complimentary water as much as you want , so radisson are a better choice, by Sofitel and we not coming back here again, we love Hamburg but 5 stars is four seasons and if I was gonna stay at 4 stars radisson is the one ..... This place has nothing to offer

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shahroz R
Gilles_Felgen, Manager at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2015

Dear Shahroz R,

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall. I am sorry that your experience did not fully meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincere apologies.
It is our goal thanks to high Sofitel standards to make your stay always the most comfortable one.
Regarding our room categories I would like to inform you that we offer 7 different room types. First of all the main difference is to find in the sqm. Moreover all rooms from luxury category upwards are equipped with a Nespresso coffee machine.
Amenities like e.g. an iron or an iron board as well as a kettle is not a standard room amenity. However, it is our pleasure to bring these complimentary item upon request to your room in order to increase your comfort during your stay.
Moreover I am sorry to read that your room was cleaned only after your follow up or rather not perfectly. Also please accept my sincere apologies. This is not our usual standard, and the Executive Housekeeper is informed for follow up.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and we do hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Very nice luxury hotel centrally located in Hamburg. This hotel is walking distance to many key tourist sights, landmarks, entertainment, restaurants and shopping areas.

My wife and I arrived from Washington DC via Frankfurt very early at 10:30 am on Saturday. Clemence at the front desk greeted us and said our room was not ready, even though we made online check-in with early arrival. She told us we could go visit some local sights and she would call us when our room was ready, within 1 to 2 hours. Clemence was very helpful with excellent advice as to where to go, local sights, malls, tours and restaurants.

We left and went to Europa Passage to wait for the room and have breakfast. Within 2 hours, we had a room ready for us. While we did not get a view to the canal behind the hotel, we had a very nice room on second floor. We were pleased with the modern, clean and richly furnished room as well as a super nice bathroom. Basic internet was free, but High speed was 6 Euro extra. Worth the money.

We had breakfast in the Hotel café on Sunday morning, avoiding the main dining room for breakfast. This was fine and they had croissants, pastries and the little ham and cheese sandwiches as well as all types of coffees.

Other than that we dined in close by restaurants for lunch and dinner Saturday evening and Sunday.

We did have a night cap at the well-appointed bar on the main floor on Sunday night. Drink menu was extensive and reasonably priced for such a Hotel. A very pleasant experience.

My wife and I would gladly return to the Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall.

We will recommend this Hotel to friends, family and colleagues.

Room Tip: Best views are on the side of the Canal
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Gilles_Felgen, Manager at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2015

Bonjour Sky61,

thank you very much for taking the time to share the experience of your stay at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit at our hotel and was delighted that you liked the location of our hotel as well as the design of the guest rooms and the service, especially the colleagues from the Reception. I will of course pass the feedback over to them.
Thank you once again for the great amount of time you have taken to share your kind words of appreciation.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future!

Reviewed 28 September 2015

I have spent two nights at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall in a standard single room. As noted by many reviewers, this hotel ticks almost all the boxes:
- Excellent location (30 min direct S1 train from the airport to Stadthausbrücke, costing €3.1)
- Modern hotel tastefully designed
- Comfortable rooms with all expected amenities, very quiet especially when facing the canal
- Nice and efficient front staff

However, there are a few things that I did not like:
- The free Wi-Fi is too slow to be really usable (at least in my room), I think that for the price of the room they should drop the fee for the premium access
- The bed was much too soft for me to have a good sleep
- The buffet breakfast is overly expensive (for a cheaper and lighter breakfast, Le Café is a great choice though)
- The TV menu system is very cumbersome (it takes ages to get back to your selected channel)

In spite of these issues, this hotel is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the canal are very quier
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Gilles_Felgen, Manager at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

Dear Otherguru,

thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall.
Feedback is utmost important to us as it gives us the opportunity to improve.
If the soothing MyBed concept were not to your satisfaction, please let us know before your next arrival, so that we can remove the MyBed that you can sleep a little bit harder.
Moreover I would like to thank you for the valued information regarding the internet connection and kindly accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused. Even though our provider has been resolved any issues since end of February we will stay in contact with them again.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcoming you very soon again at the Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall.

Reviewed 25 September 2015

Clean, new, modern.

Large rooms with all amenities you want and even more. Large flatscreen, Bose audio.

breakfast has everything for everyone's taste.

In short a high class hotel in a quiet road in the heart of the city.

Dear Kris V,

thank you very much for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,