See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel was located very close to the central station, which was good, but the street outside was very unplesant and made me and my friends very uncomfortable all the time. You dont feel safe in this area!

The hotel room was quite old and not that fresh. The toilet was quite big and had all important necesities. The air condition in the room was bad, and it was very hot, so we had to open a window from time to time. Overall not a hotel worth staying at.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We choose Residence as it was walking distance from Hauptbahnhof Railway Station plus price. It is indeed close-by to the railway station which is awesome but Steindamm Street is awful. As a cab driver put it "Oh! Lots of dirty people out there".

First thing that strikes you when you enter the tiny reception is that there is no elevator access to rooms and you will stare at a long staircase. We were with family and kids and yet had to lift/carry all the luggage up. That's not done. Once you reach the first floor you will walk a few steps and again climb down 5-6 steps to go to rooms or reach dingy elevator. So just like taking selfie one can experience porter-fie!

We had paid extra for a four-bed room but found that they had just put two extra couchesa in a double bed room!!! No clue that there was more to come. Next day morning we found couple of them feeling itchy all over and when we looked at the sheets we found bedbugs. We took pics and videos as well and complained to the receptionist. At first there was denial and rooms full etc etc and later on as we got adamant they got us shifted to a different Hotel named Lumen on the opposite side of the street which is a touch better but no escape from porter-fie!!!

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 20 July 2017

location - good, service - good, room - good, food - good, must be check your Credit Card statement, The Hotel Manager will double charge your credit card after you check out the hotel. and maybe sale your credit card number to other vender to charge more on your credit card. very bad hotel manager. best way - paid cash or never give your credit card to hotel.

I should give this hotel 5 star, all staff friendly, breakfast good and hotel price reasonable, room clean, but the Hotel Manager is not a good man. STEALING my Credit card number and charge me again after check out Hotel without notes.

Very sad in Hamburg, just because this issued. contact travel agent to solved the problem, but The Hotel Manger refuse to reply and answer. requested Hotel Agent removed this hotel from the list and hope this hotel will make change.

Room tip: Make sure The hotel Manager give you the room you booking.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DL419
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Before my trip overseas, I booked a room at a hotel in Hamburg for one night. When I arrived at the hotel, I realized I had booked the wrong date. No rooms were available; however, the friendly guy at the reception desk said that there were rooms across the street at the Residence Hamburg. Since I was returning home the next morning, I took the room. Residence Hamburg is very convenient to the main train station; however, this area of town is not the nicest; certainly not suitable for young children. After climbing a flight of stairs and walking down a dark hallway, I reached my room and was pleasantly surprised by its condition. The room was bright and clean, and the furnishings were attractive and in good shape. The bathroom was up to date and clean as well. There were throngs of people milling around the street; however, I never felt unsafe. The front desk is manned 24 hours a day. I could hear some street noise from my room, but it did not last all night. I had to leave early in the morning, so I did not take advantage of the free Wi-Fi and breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

I don't think this hotel deserves 3 stars. Good thing is the staff was nice. First off, the area was sleazy. I was on the fourth floor, the elevator was the scariest thing ever, when you step in it feels like it's going to fall down, i was too scared to take it. The room was big but very cold, the sheets and carpet were stained. The bathroom was clean though.

Date of stay: March 2017