All reviews close to the airport les saisons free transfer quiet bar one night stay business stay hotel is located reception staff breakfast buffet is single room train station city germany euro connection
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

This is a small hotel and rooms are also small but have everything you need. Room was very clean and well kept. Bed was comfortable. Bathtub is a bit on the dangerous side - the bathtub "floor" isn't as wide as the top part so when turning or even taking a few steps, your feet are often times a bit on the curved part making it very easy to slip. The tub has a glass (half wall - instead of a curtain) but water still wound up on the tile; bad part was that the glass wasn't correctly sealed and so there was a huge puddle on the bathroom floor. Here's something to keep in mind if -like us- you're staying at this hotel due to the proximity to the airport. It seems they only have one shuttle and when checking in at 6.30pm, then 5am shuttle to the airport was already full. You can solve this by calling ahead to get your name on the list. However, if you forget, they can always call a cab for you which would cost between 5-10€. I have to say that staff was very helpful and accommodating and took care of this issue for me. Without doubt I would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
leoair2016, Housekeeping Manager at Leonardo Hotel Hamburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your positive comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and look forward to welcoming you again.

Your team from Leonardo Hotel Hamburg Airport

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Pros: Staff is attentive going above and beyond to make it right. Shuttle service to/from hotel is convenient. Hotel is a short walk from train station.

Cons: Rooms are very dated-needing repairs and air conditioning needs serious upgrading.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
leoair2016, Housekeeping Manager at Leonardo Hotel Hamburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed comments.
We are sorry to hear of repairs in your room.
We also thank you for your nice comment about our staff.
We constantly strive to improve our services and are convinced that you will have no cause for complaint the next time you visit our hotel.

Your Leonardo Team

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed here with work and forgot my work shoes the lady on the desk was really helpful explaining where I could get some reasonably priced ones from! She was lovely during the whole stay! The bar man even remembered my drink when I went it room was ok! Breakfast I wouldn't bother was not that great but the atmosphere of the staff made up for everything!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
leoair2016, Housekeeping Manager at Leonardo Hotel Hamburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words.
We hope to see you soon again and have a good time.

Your Leonardo Team

Reviewed 14 May 2016

For a whirlwind visit from London to Hamburg, I guess the Leonardo Hotel, seemed to tick the majority of boxes to suit my needs when I did the typical 'hotel research' of choosing somewhere to stay - Close enough to the airport, close to my evening entertainment and appeared to be reasonably priced at the same time.

After a nifty flight of one hour and fifteen minutes from London Heathrow to Hamburg, I got to the hotel using a cab for 10 euros. Although the hotel is located close by to the airport, it wasn't as near as I initially thought. I was welcomed by a receptionist, able to speak basic conversational English and she checked me into my room on the 2nd floor.

Checking into my room seemed to be relatively quick, she asked me if I needed any assistance with transport back to the airport the following day or assistance with any transport for the evening. I was then given my key. The lifts were small and felt quite claustrophobic, but i managed to fit in there with my cabin sized suitcase and went up to my floor. Once on the 2nd floor, the signage had a lot of information but I quickly found where my room was located.

My room was very basic, two single beds pushed together with a sweet on each one as a welcome gesture. The room was small with a lounge chair, desk and small vanity unit. The room seemed to be reasonably clean but quite dated, quite dull colours but there was artwork on the wall with a pop of pink. The bathroom wasn't half as nice, although it seemed clean, there was no extras. there was quite a big crack on one of the tiles close to the bath but on the surface of the bath there was a chunk of rust.

After a quick refresh and drop off of the bags, I went back out. Reception called me a cab once more that seemed to arrive very quickly, i had a nice Iranian man driving me who spoke English so we had a nice conversation but previously, i had researched into the distance between my venue and the hotel, acknowledging it should have only been 20 minutes in a cab but as the traffic was bad it ended up taking over an hour and costing almost 50 euros. On the way back to the hotel, it seemed difficult to get hold of another taxi, i didn't want to use my UK phone to dial into Germany as I knew the cost would be horrendous, so one eventually arrived after waiting in a rank for half an hour or so. The cab coming back was only 20 euros and took a third less of the time.

I guess the Leonardo hotel suited my needs for the time I was in Hamburg and i don't necessarily have bad things to say about it, I just don't feel that i'd really want to stay there again in a hurry.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
leoair2016, Housekeeping Manager at Leonardo Hotel Hamburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2016

Dear Guest,

thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am always dismayed to hear of any problems experienced by a client in one of our rooms. Rest assured that we constantly strive to improve our services and are convinced that you will have no cause for complaint the next time you visit our hotel. Best wishes

Reviewed 11 May 2016

This was a very clean and up to date hotel. The staff was super friendly. It is very close to the airport and there is a shuttle. The U1 subway line is a short walk away and goes directly into the center of Hamburg in about 25 minutes. The price is good for a business type of hotel. There is a little bar that stays open to 1 AM and serves a limited but good selection of items. I didn't have a chance to try the restaurant, but it is supposed to be good. Even though it is close to the airport, the airplanes did not both me since in Germany flights are regulated to they don't arrive during the late evening and early morning hours.

Room Tip: View not facing the street, but even this was OK
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We would be more than pleased to welcome you again to our hotel at some time in the future.