US$269
US$406
US$307
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Select Hotel Berlin The Wall(Berlin)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$101
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
US$193
US$128
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmolton brown toiletrieschampagne on arrivalboutique style hotelthe lack of air conditioningmuesliroom keyu bahncoffee machinestayed nightsgreat hotelalexander platzgood sizeshoweringalexanderplatzfurnituredryersubway
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

I chose to stay at the dude hotel as it advertises itself as a boutique hotel which I thought very fitting for Berlin. I am a young traveller so a hotel like this is a big treat. On arrival I felt quite unwelcome. I had to carry my luggage up the stairs myself.
The room was as advertised- the decor was lovely. However I found several hairs in my bed. There was no welcome glass of champagne as advertised on the website and on trip advisor. When I inquired about the welcome glass of champagne I was told because they're under new management they are no longer offering it. I then told them about the hairs all over the bedding and this was rectified and I got a glass of champagne.

Overall I was disappointed with the ambience and the customer service although the rooms are well presented.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
6  Thank ellenmcmahon
Reviewed 30 May 2017

Great hotel with funky, individual style. Nothing like a chain hotel, the Dude has lots more fun and character. Very clean, large rooms stylishly decorated and good choice of accessories, cotton bathrobes, Dab radio, Molton Brown toiletries, coffee machine, etc. All major sights in easy reach, 2 minutes to underground or 20 mins nice walk over the river Spree to Alexander Platz where the TV Tower is in centre of Berlin. Nice bakery and a lovely bar approx 3 minutes walk away to the pretty canal. Stayed 4 nights and would love to go back anytime.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie S
Reviewed 23 May 2017

we stayed for 4 nights in the suite on the upper floor.
the room was amazing - clean, big and new.
the only minus is the lack of air conditioning. it is not a problem in May but can be a problem during the summer.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eyal B
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

the hotel is beautiful, clean and stylish with wonderful design features and tranquil location in Berlin Mitte. Museum Island is a leisurely walk on foot, as well as 2 U-Bahn stations. We loved our room, the staff was friendly, helpful and kind. Breakfast was good, if tables are a bit too small.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

When I was checking in I specifically asked in German for a quitet room (ruhiges Zimmer) but I got ground floor from the street side and workers right outside my window. There was no nets so I had to blind the room for privacy although it was a sunny day.

The room was tiny, there was no proper wardrobe - just a railing from the ceiling. But the worse was the bed - it was most firm mattress I have ever experienced and as you can see from my reviews- I stay in the hotel a lot. There was no tea facilities- just coffee machine. It is interesting as this style would appeal to British travellers, who appreciate the character of this property but they like their tea.

Breakfast is made in the nice bar to order. 12 euros for posh muesli and the tea.

On the positive side: there was a champagne on arrival and the bathroom had a good quality towels and Molton Brown toiletries.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
TheDude H, Geschäftsführer at The Dude Berlin-Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Regarding the mattress I would like to add that we have some guests who complain about it as much too soft and others as far too firm. (Most of our guests sleep heavenly.) In fact we ordered exactly a medium degree - but we can't please everybody!

Kindest regards, Britta Bettendorf