2,368 results
All reviews potsdamer platz checkpoint charlie fridge and microwave room divider s bahn station separate toilet and bathroom check point charlie single bed walking distance sony centre underground parking rooms are large around the corner central location the air conditioning minute walk bus stop
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights with my family (1 couple + 2 children aged 16 and 10), and the overall opinion was that this was not the best Novotel where we stayed. We booked a family room, which was quite spacious. The bathroom had a bathtub and a separate shower space, which was quite nice. But this was one of the least comfortable rooms that we stayed in. The queen bed was uncomfortable. The separate bathroom (WC) smelled pee since we arrived. But the worst was the non-functioning AC in the room. The first night the room got really hot and the AC was not working at all (no air blowing from the outlets, independently from the temperature set up or blowing speed). We checked if any windows were open, and nope. The temperature in the room was around 28-30 C. When we complained in the front desk, the reception treated this with disdain, saying it was an automatic system that did not start if the room temperature was between 18 and 22 degrees, so they were not going to send anyone to check. They did offer to put portable fans in the room (which they did), but it is unacceptable to pay more than 200 euros for a hotel room with a malfunctioning AC.

To complete the so-so experience, we were denied a late check out even if I am a preferred Accor member and had booked the room and requested the late check out 1 year (yes, one year !) in advance. This is unacceptable.

This hotel is well located, close to the Potsdamer Platz, but in terms of service it is much closer to a low-cost Ibis than a Novotel. If you need to stay in Berlin I highly recommend avoiding this hotel to give preference to the Novotel Tiergarten, where I stayed last year and had a remarkable, impeccable stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Dennis M, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Suites Berlin City Potsdamer Platz, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Rodrigo, thank you so much for the important feedback and the helpful personal review. We are sorry to read that you did not feel welcome and you felt it was too hot in the room. We are constantly working on further improving and hence your input is greatly welcome. We can only ask to serve you better in the future and would love to welcome you back. Kind regards, Dennis

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location for this hotel is convenient, walking distance to historic sites and the wall, big rooms for families available, limited food and beverage facilities but enough. Helpful and with tour desk available with info for the city.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear leonardogm30, thank you so much for the kind feedback and the helpul feedback. We are happy to read that you and your family had a great time with us and you did a lot of sightseing. Best regards, Dennis

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Perfect location, almost 10 minute walk from Postdamer Platz where you can get the subway for any location. We had a very spacious suite for four; 2 adults and 2 kids. The rooms are very clean. It can get loud (due to traffic outside) if you open the windows for fresh air. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Dennis M, General Manager at Novotel Suites Berlin City Potsdamer Platz, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear ReginaFood, thank you so much for the nice feedback and the kind review. We are happy to read that you had a great time with us and would love to welcome you soon back. Best regards, Dennis

Reviewed 11 September 2018

As a Le Club Accor Rewards member, I was extremely excited when I saw how much I was able to get the Suite for. On arrival, my mind was blown at just how brilliant and mind blowingly good the Suite was. For the amount I paid as a rewards member the Suite was unbelievable and I am lucky to get such a good deal.During my stay the service was impeccable and nothing was too much trouble for anybody, but especially Lea, the front desk agent who looked after us during our stay. When we arrived Lea was more than happy to give us a request despite being busy behind the desk with check ins.As a Hotel Professional myself who has a proven track record of delivering results and who is passionate about good customer service, I was very impressed with the professionalism of the staff and the service.Good Customer Service is the utmost important thing.My parents were both absolutely taken aback at how nice the Suite was and I was absolutely delighted with how the stay went.I would highly recommend this hotel, it is within good reach off all the main attractions and cultural sites.A high class hotel with high class service.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 7 September 2018

I am an Accor member and once by chance offered to stay in Novotel suites. After that stay, I always check and try to stay in Novotel whereever I go. No exception, this is my 4th time to stay in Novotel suites in Berlin. pricewise vs quality, I am happy becuase it is easy and convenient to visit IFA. there is an Italian restaurant with great meal and price as well. During IFA, the rate is a bit higher. but worth of the price.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business