All reviews minute walk quiet street bus stop towels provided double bed berlin zoo a small kitchen area brandenburg gate great budget hotel victory column rent a bike tegel airport free wifi wifi worked well excellent shower recommend this hotel a lovely stay
Reviewed 1 August 2018

The hotel was of average quality, but in July it was a problem that it didn't have air conditioning. I hadn't read the hotel information properly, so it came as a surprise to me (so, my fault) - I never book a room at a hotel with no ac. At night, when I went to bed, I left the window open and when the crows started to caw, I shut the window and sweat until I got out of bed (couldn't use the fan because of noise).

What also made the sleeping conditions poor, were the noisy elevator doors. At least on 6. floor (and in the lobby), the doors didn't have a curbing or break, so they got slammed every time somebody shut them.

Otherwise, the hotel was ok, but nothing special. It was nice to rent a bike there and cycle to Tierpark.

Some of the personnel were really nice, others not so.

Stayed: July 2018
3  Thank Taina K
Reviewed 28 July 2018

Stayed here for three nights in July 2018 with my wife and our baby girl. The hotel is excellent value for money, and the rooms (comfort room) large. The hotel caters well for families with a complimentary crib, a small kitchen and the rooms seems to be quite recently renovated. No frills, but ok breakfast and a good location for exploring West Berlin, and especially the Zoologische Garden, which is located just a few blocks away next to the Intercontinental.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Tamara A, Manager at Hotel Luetzow, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear mikkomax,
thank you so much for your great feedback.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future.
With kind regards
Tamara Antes

Reviewed 28 July 2018

No surprises for good or bed , comfortable and clean place with good traffic connections the street is quiet and near to busy roads
a good place to rest you get what you have paid for
friendly reception desk with always changing personal

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Ms. Brandy,
thank you very much for your great review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.
With greetings from Berlin
Tamara Antes

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights. Was a bit wary after reading Somme of the reviews, but was pleasently surprised.

The rooms were very small and tiny bathrooms, but were very clean and comfortable. Despite booking a single room, I was given a double bed which was great.

There was no air con, but they had provided a fan if I needed it.

You had to pay extra to use saucepans etc, but the staff gave me plates and cutlery without question which was good and saved me going out for breakfast.

Some reviews said that it could be noisy, but I was only woken one morning by some people outside and soon dozed off again.

The location was good, only around 10-15 minute walk to the railway station.

For the price, would I recommend it? Yes!
Would I go back... definitely!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris N
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Booked 2 double & 1 single room six months ago. Arrived to find they’d put us in 3 single rooms with bunk beds on 3 different floors!! After much discussion at reception they moved us to twin rooms on the bottom floor which weren’t much better, the bathroom was a disabled one, no fly screens on the windows so you either sweltered in the night or risked getting bitten to death by mosquitoes having the window open. Microwave and small hot plate & kettle but no crockery or cutlery (apparently you have to pay extra for those!!) wifi didn’t work on the ground floor. Breakfast didn’t look worth bothering about certainly not for what they were charging!! On the way from your room back to reception you had to swipe your room card to get through fire doors (I think) which didn’t always work the first time!! Let’s hope they open automatically if there’s a fire!! Was more like a backpackers hostel than a 3 Star hotel. Worst hotel I’ve ever stayed in....

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family