2,687 results
All reviews checkpoint charlie great location check point charlie leipziger strasse walking distance around the corner free wifi central location busy road business trip junior suite rooms are modern unter den linden christmas market minute walk short break breakfast buffet
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Checked in for one night to see some sights of Berlin. The hotel is situated in a great area to sight see and enjoy some of Berlin. The staff was friendly, rooms were comfortable and well appointed. Bar area was great. A couple of items that may use improvement- the wait time to check out at the desk was excessive (about 20 minutes) due to long lines. The Breakfast was a very expensive option at 25 euros, but there was a great bakery / cafe around the corner.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
David R, Leiter Gästebetreuung at NH Collection Berlin Mitte am Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Dear David,

many thanks for your nice review.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are always trying to avoid a queue for check-out but sometimes
it could happen during rush hour.
We really apologize for that and we will definitely work on these situations.

Hoping to see you soon again in our NH Collection Berlin Mitte

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Stayed here for three nights towards the end of October. Greeting on arrival was good and quick, room was a good size, coffee and kettle for tea and coffee which were both restocked daily. WiFi worked well and was included decent shower. Fully stocked mini bar and safe.

One morning some lights wouldn't work, reception and the house keeper quickly sorted it. Hotel was clean and well presented, when wakking in from thd chill outside it was always lovely and warm

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
David R, Leiter Gästebetreuung at NH Collection Berlin Mitte am Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Mr. Len B,

Many thanks for your wonderful review and for your recommendation. I am very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Greetings from Berlin,

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We stayed for 3 nights and found the staff very helpful on check in and check out. The room was a great size for 2 people, very clean and modern with great decor. The bathroom was a great size too. The location of the hotel is brilliant, easy walking distance to restaurants, shops and the under ground. I can't comment on the breakfast as we didn't have it (there are numerous cafes nearby for breakfast at a cheaper cost).

The only down sides to this hotel is the hardwood floor which meant we could hear every movement from the room above. There was an awful smell coming from the drains in the bathroom and there some of the TV channels didn't work (ie BBC news) Not major problems and none that would stop me from staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
David R, Leiter Gästebetreuung at NH Collection Berlin Mitte am Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Helz82,

thank you very much that you have taken your time to share your experiences with us.

We are very grateful that you have chosen the NH Collection Berlin Mitte for your stay and it was a great pleasure for us fulfilling all your needs.
We apologize for the inconvenience in your room, we will forward your comment to our housekeeping department.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again here in Berlin.

Kind regards,

Greetings from the NH Collection Berlin Mitte Team,

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel used to be one of my favorites Thks to its location and its breakfast. Something changed. The breakfast is not as rich as it used to be. In order to get pancakes you need to use a machine and basically wait for many minutes until the pancakes are ready. it’s ok if you are in vacation. Not that ok if u are for business. During the day the people who work at the floors tend to forget the panel “do not disturb” so that they enter even if u put the panel. That’s unacceptable. But the worst experience was with the concierge service.
My trip was a business trip, paid by my company... PREPAID. On the first day I gave my credit card as a guarantee for the bar, as usual. But On the last day I got a message from my credit card that they had charged me for all the amount of the staying. I went to the concierge asking for explanation and he (mr Andreas Levi) told me there was no payment by my company. But I replied that in that case it would have been fair to be warned by the hotel before doing any charge.
I called the travel agency and they said they were going to solve the misunderstanding. What they did because the payment had been done.
When I did the check out I asked for the refund. And mr Levi told me he was busy and that he was going to do that as he had time . I had to call Amex to block this expense. The hotel has got 2 payments. And I don’t still have my refund. Btw I asked mr Levi if he could call me a taxi. And he replied “ you can go outside. There are many taxies there”. Very fair. Very good service. I will do a formal complaint letter to my company. Good service NH!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Massimiliano L

Dear Mr. Massimiliano L,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback with us.

We really have to apologize your experiences during your stay and with our staff.
We regret that we have left you with these feelings and I wish I would have had a chance talking to you at the time you were at the hotel.

This is not our standard and we have already spoken with our Front Office Agent about your case and I will personally take care of your problem.

Please contact me by e-mail: d.regensburger@nh-hotels.com or phone +49 30 20 376 118 to solve this problem and make sure that you will be reimbursed as soon as possible.

Once again, thank you very much for your really fair feedback.

Kind regards from Berlin,

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

The location is perfect (very central). Lovely clean modern hotel with really nice rooms and a fabulous bar and very friendly staff. The beds were extremely comfortable and there was a nice coffee machine in the room. And reasonably priced I thought. I will definitely stay here again

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
David R, Leiter Gästebetreuung at NH Collection Berlin Mitte am Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Supergirlme11,

thank you so much for your great review!
We are very happy that we could fulfill all your needs and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Greetings from Berlin,