3,530 results
All reviews checkpoint charlie privilege suite family suite check point charlie great hotel quiet street separate toilet coffee machine around the corner huge room within walking distance excellent location sitting area shower room small balcony two blocks euros per person
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I would stay here for private visit for convenience but not for service. But again, lack of smile could be just a German thing. The poor English level is quite a shock though.

Location : great as 2 min walk to checkpoint Charlie and nearby all historical attractions but away from tourists at the same time.

Room : big and clean by European standard. No minibar in room is quite a pain especially when they don’t provide you with complimentary bottled water !

Food : no point eating inside as there are many great restaurants nearby.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Benedikt H, Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear SCE,
thank you for taking the time to review our services. We take your remarks very serious and will take care of providing a better mix of languages as our international young team all bring in different languages.
Our rooms all have a Minibar fridge that can individually be filled through our little shop at the reception or our room service will bring you any wish into your room. I am sorry you did not like this choice.
Dear SCE, again, if you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.
Sincerely

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Nice renovated hotel. Room are large and well équipes. The location is excellent, 2 minutes to Check Point Charly and many attractions can be done by walk. Hotel is in city center but still quiet. Breakfast was very good with lots of options. There is a nice courtyard. Staff was very helpful. I strongly recommend this hotel,

Trip type: Travelled with family
Benedikt H, Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Pascal J,

thank you! "Excellent" is the highest possible praise and we are thrilled you liked our hotel, ist location and our Team!
Thank you for your recommendation!
Best regards

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Short wait to check in, and perhaps not the most enthusiastic welcome from the male staff, but delighted with our room for my husband, myself and 20 year old son, on our first trip to Berlin. Sofa bed in a recessed area was good, as we were not all cramped in. Plenty of space to move around and thought the separate toilet room was a great idea. The shower room was very good. Appreciated the small fridge, and to choose our own small drinks from reception. Kettle was vital, as we British need our tea. Luckily I brought my own t-bags, as I am fussy, and know not many places provide English breakfast, just herbal ones. I asked for milk which I was given on the first day, and thereafter took a glass from breakfast for us to use for tea. I had e-mailed ahead to ask if soya milk/yogurts were available for breakfast, and this was confirmed. Breakfast was very good, we did have to ask for Soya milk, but this was brought promptly. My son is Vegan, and eats lots of seeds, nuts etc, and this was all available. We didn't take hot foods so cannot comment on that, but we were very happy with breakfast choices. Location good, and we walked everywhere. Overall would recommend highly.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Benedikt H, Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear macpherson
thank you very much for your kind review! We are glad that you had a nice stay and on top we are happy to read that our
choice of breakfast was suitable to your vegan son, as we really try to find the right choice for all our guest needs.
We will focus a little more on the enthousiastic welcome from all of our staff .
We would be happy to welcome you back

Reviewed 10 July 2018

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Benedikt H, Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Reviewed 5 July 2018

I spent the weekend with my husband and we were very satisficed with the hotel.
The room was big, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good and staff was very friendly and helped us with a lot of tips and information.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Benedikt H, Manager at Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear 398judithl
Thank you so much for your kind feedback - especially concerning our staff and services.
It was a pleasure having you and we wish you all the best
Sincerely