All reviews checkpoint charlie check point charlie fresh towels every day budget hotel the ground floor beds were comfortable buffet style visiting berlin yogurt rooms are large minutes walking would stay again main attractions hotel is in a great location radiator hairdryer station
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at hotel Lebensquelle for two nights.
It's located close to checkpoint Charly, which is a good location.
We got a room on the 4th floor, floor 1-3 are not used as a hotel but as some physiotherapy rooms, which make the house and floors open for everyone.
The room was old but quite clean. We booked a 2 bed room and got 2 beds ahead of each other. Not next to each other.
The breakfast was medium good, the room was ugly. We skipped it the second day.
Wouldn't go there again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Stayed here for 5 nights breakfast was lovely and choice of food was great
Very central for getting to checkpoint Charlie and the Berlin Wall and topographie museum
Also very handy for getting on the tour buses which is only 2 minutes from checkpoint Charlie
Room was clean and comfortable and fresh towels every day
The only gripe I have is the day we arrived the receptionist was very unwelcoming

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2018

We loved that our room was so close to where the Berlin Wall used to be - very historic! Interesting to think that people staying there 30 years ago would have had a clear view into East Germany.
We liked the high ceilings, good bathroom, comfortable bed and good breakfast. All very good value for the price!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roderick M
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Overall the hotel was well placed for visiting Berlin, it was a very Eastern Berlin Hotel and therefore had the appearance of a concrete block tarted up a little. The good points are as follows: the rooms were very spacious with furniture a little basic but reasonable. The room was very warm, unlike comments before when the writer should have checked the thermostat on the radiator, and very clean, towels etc changed daily, the breakfast was very good with a reasonable choice of continental items, cheeses etc but little hot food. On the downside the lift was very dated, the actual machinery appeared new but the housing was something out of a 1920's movie. The corridors and common areas were very austere and the lighting was strip lighting, very unattractive. The hotel itself was on two floors of the building (the 4th and 5th) but the lift only went to the 4th and the area where the lift is, was shared by all other users of the building, including a physiotherapy school. Bottom line is that it was a reasonable hotel, very clean and tidy, staff were friendly and polite and the hotel is in a good position for a short city break, but don't expect the Ritz ! WORD OF WARNING...... Whilst someone is in the shower DO NOT flush the toilet, water in the shower becomes scalding immediately !

Room Tip: A Room on the 4th floor
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carole S
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

A little lengthy but please read. Not one to write reviews, I'm well travelled from backpacking so usually don't complain and just see hotels as a place to get my head down, but had to warn people from this place. Me and 2 friends visited Berlin for the Christmas Markets 13/12/17 for 3 days. First of all, it isn't that near to a tram/train stop etc. There is one about a 5 min walk up the road round some corners which is ok.. once you know where you're going. This 'Hotel' has 5 floors and shares the first 3 with 3 different offices, so customers/workers are coming in and out all day which is worrying for belongings/safety of the rooms. On arrival, I got 'greeted' by the rudest front of house person I've ever come across in my life. He didn't look up from the computer at me until I said hello. He then said 'Yes?' To which I asked to check in. 'Name.' Was all I got next, briefly followed by paper and a pen with scribbles where I had to sign. As I finished I was slid a key, pointed at a door way and told '4th floor' followed by him then blanking me to go back on his computer. And I kid you not at that was it. We weren't told a check out time, where we go for breakfast or what time it was on (we had breakfast included in our stay.) Baffled by this we made our way to our room, walked into what felt like outside. I have never in my life been in a bedroom/hotel room so cold before despite the tiny radiator on the opposite side of the room being on. We could see our breath. The beds were a tiny thin 'mattress' on wood, and the beds were not even made, just a pillow and blanket at the bottom of the bed to make it ourself. And when I say 'blanket' it's pretty much a sheet. At night after returning from shopping, we asked night reception (who were more smiley) if we could have some more blankets before going up because we couldn't bare the thought of sleeping in the cold. We were given blank expressions and told 'no english', which fair enough not everyone can speak English but normally reception staff are known to know a little in tourist places, but she knew none. So we translated it on our phone and she said back 'you have blankets on your bed, that's all we have sorry'. So we had to try sleep in the freezing cold which was so horrible and actually made us want to cry it was that cold!! In the morning, we went down to reception to ask where breakfast was and the rude man was back. Staring at his computer again he did not look up until I said excuse me, despite seeing me stood there. He looked at me and said 'What' pulling a rude face. I politely asked which way we go for breakfast, he rolled his eyes and huffed, pointed with his thumb over his shoulder down the corridor and then carried on looking at his computer!! Food was nice, fresh juice tea coffee etc with selections of cereal, jams for toast, hams, cheese eggs etc so that was nice! When checking out we had the rude man again who treated us the same, I asked to check out he took my key gave us the receipt and didn't ask if we enjoyed our stay or anything we didn't even get a goodbye. We sat waiting for our taxi when a young couple arrived to check in, speaking broken English as they were foreign. We watched his attitude change completely and he was so nice and welcoming to them, he went through check in process, told them about the restaurant, showed where it was, the times, and then offered to help with their bags to their room!!!! We couldn't believe it. We were nothing but polite and friendly at all times despite getting treated so rudely back. I have read reviews before about them being disrespectful to British but I didn't think it was as true as it was. I would never ever stay in this place again, and advice no one else to either. Such a shame as location and room sizes are decent, just need to heat the rooms better, refurbish them completely and sack the staff.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends