“Please read review before you book this restaurant ”
Review of Dicke Wirtin

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have travelled across the world and have to say that this is the most unfriendliest establishment I have ever visited. The staff are arrogant, rude and dismissive of people if there are better pickings (i.e. a larger group standing outside)

After having made a reservation online 4 days earlier and receiving confirmation of the booking, we arrived 20 minutes late due to unexpected travel disruptions. On entering the establishment and explaining that we had a reservation, albeit that we were a little late, the server asked us to confirm the number in our group. She then looked at her watch, pointed to the clock and told us in a very firm, loud and impolite tone ‘TO GO’ and kept waving her arm in an aggressive manner following us out of the door. We felt like we were naughty school children arriving late for a class, even though we are middle aged. As you can imagine, It was very embarrassing for us, particularly when the other customers sat and watch as she made a big scene. Whilst leaving we noticed that there were tables available, which was a little confusing initially, but soon became obvious why we were marched out....

On entering the establishment prior to all the furore, we observed a group of six people who the same server was offering to try and accommodate (they clearly had no booking). At the time, we thought nothing of this event, because restaurants generally try to accommodate people who simply walk in off the street. As you can probably guess, they were ushered to the vacant tables soon after we left, which was disgraceful. There is clearly an agenda!

I cannot comment on the quality of food and ambience, but would recommend that you avoid this place at all cost, they need to be taught a lesson in manners. Nobody should be treated like we were over a restaurant booking, it really spoilt our evening. If I could have given them a zero, I would have done so. There are plenty of nice establishments around the corner, who are polite, courteous and serve great food at a good price.

If any of the owners or management of Dicke Wirtin read this review, I would recommend that you provide your staff with basic training in customer service. It will go a long way to maintaining your business, because your potential customers who book on the basis of a recommendation will not accept the attitude of your staff and write more articles similar to this one.

2  Thank Valtoe
Write a ReviewReviews (2,306)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had lunch outside, simple no frills food that's tasty and traditionally prepared. Might not be for you if you don`t like carbs or fat or meat or no nonsense service. I had white asparagus with potatoes and brown butter and was very close to licking my plate, that`s how good it was.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When we go away we always like to try the local cuisine. I looked for German restaurants on Tripadvisor and Dicke Wirtin was the closest and had wonderful reviews so we followed Google maps down a road that was pretty much residential, not much about and our first impression was "surely this can't be the place" but oh wow, what a hidden gem! It was packed when we went inside and full of good friendly atmosphere. we were seated by a really funny waiter who kept playing tricks on us throughout the meal which added to the relaxed and friendly flavour of the place. The décor was unique and homely and the service very quick. The food was 10/10! huge, delicious portions - we were greedy and even squeezed in desert not wanting to miss out on anything! The prices for what we got were extremely reasonable and if we return to Berlin we will definitely be returning here for another filling meal.

Food 10/10
Service 10/10
Value 10/10

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was top of my list. So disappointed a very unpleasant experience. Decor dark and dingy and a parody of a bavarian cabin in modern berlin. Ditto with ..food heavy boring and stuck in the past. The worst thing was the way we were treated. The place was empty it was early and we ordered 2 drinks and said we'd share a main as we heard the portions were big.The waitress tried to talk us out of it? and then went and brought reinforcements in the form of a very intimidating and authoritarian Fraulein ( Another cliche to match the decor?)She informed us in no uncertain terms that we would have to pay extra to share?! Thinking this was because they were going to be full up and taken aback we agreed reluctantly. However when the place was still virtually empty when we left I asked them why tbey wanted to charge for sharing. I then had 3 of them tellin g me I had agreed and all being very rude and unpleasant.They need to remember they are in the hospitality industry..also maybe stop runnng a food museum..There are lots of great little restaurants in the area where we had excellent service including an outstanding german one..Try them..

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The service was excellent. Very friendly staff and the meals so large as is custom in germany. So glad we found this place, it was very traditional German and exactly what we were looking for as travellers to Berlin.