All reviews the river breakfast buffet escorted tour the ground floor nice hotel convenient parking high floor free wifi nice stay would stay here again spent two nights most european hotels ideal location major sights within walking distance main attractions nice selection
Reviewed 14 May 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights in May. Room was clean, bed comfortable, quiet, although on busy side street. Breakfast buffet was standard and they were busy refilling but the rolls were small. Seating area was cool. Bar cocktails are better in Maritim Nürnberg.
Situation on the river Main close to trams and easy walking distance to town Centre.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Margarete S, Executive Secretary at Maritim Hotel Wurzburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your kind review of your stay. We are glad, that you enjoyed the visit. It is good to hear, that you could savour the comfortable bed and the clean room. We are sorry, that the Maritim Hotel in Nürnberg offered better cocktails. Maybe we are asking for their secrets.
Best regards yours Maritim Hotel Würzburg

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Their always seems to be a long wait at the reception desk. The rooms were hot and again a long wait at the desk to ask for someone to check our room. The breakfast buffet was good, but overpriced. No in room coffee. No AC. Parking was a nightmare. Billing was inaccurate and again long wait to deal with rude people at the reception desk. This was a business trip, and will be that last time our organization will use this hotel. Wifi is horribly slow. Maybe stay here in the winter time at least you will not have to deal with the AC issue.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Margarete S, Executive Secretary at Maritim Hotel Wurzburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear guest,

we regret, that we could not satisfy your ecxpectations at all.
Please apologize, that our air condition did not work as fine as usual. We are also sorry, if there have been waiting periods and problems with the billing during the prime time at the reception desk.
Currently we can’t comprehend which problems you had with the billing, so we are not able give a statement.

We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Sincerely yours Maritim Hotel Würzburg

Reviewed 19 April 2018

The staff was welcoming, and the hotel is a nice hotel. The food was good. I really liked the digital shower. You hit the on button selected your temperature and selected which shower head you wanted. It would have been nice to have a preset temperature. Not all rooms have this feature. Some of my colleagues had standard showers but had balconies. It would be a good idea to ask about the room amenities.

I am an American and am aware that most European hotels do not have air conditioning. However I was informed that this hotel does not have air conditioning in the room. Instead it has air conditioning in the lobby of the conference center next door and I believe in the common areas restaurant, lobby, etc. So keep in mind that there is no room air conditioning.

This meant that I had to sleep with my window open. There was a lot of road noise and club goers were smoking cigarettes below my window. I was on a high floor, but this didn't make a difference. Some of my colleagues were bitten by mosquitoes and stung by bees when they slept with their windows opened.

The elevators are slow. So you may end up taking the stairs most of the time. The gym only has 3 pieces of equipment an elliptical, a cycle and a nautilus machine. The pool is very nice.

The restaurant has outdoor seating and I would recommend sitting outside. Service was great. I would also recommend asking for large glasses for breakfast or else you will find your morning constantly walking to the juice machine to refill your 3 ounce shot glass. For lunch and dinner you have wine glasses so that is fine.

The hotel is a block away from the river and about 4 blocks from downtown. It is also walking distance from the train station and restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the back for two reasons. One road noise and two insects
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking the time for this detailed review.
We are happy, that you enjoyed your stay except of the little criticisms. It is good to hear, that our staff was welcoming an friendly and you liked our brand new showers.

You are right, in the most german or european hotels you will not find air conditions like the american people are used to. Nevertheless we are working on to get a better temperature and air conditioning.

We are glad about your recomendations, which will help especially our abroad visitors.

We would be happy to welcome you back again.

Best regards Yours Maritim Hotel Würzburg

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I states here for 1 night for a business trip. Room was very clean , adeaquate size , bed was comfortable. Hotels situated by the river. Nice walk after breakfast. I most liked about this hotel is breakfast. O definetely recommend.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Margarete S, Executive Secretary at Maritim Hotel Wurzburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Sincerely yours Maritim Hotel Würzburg

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I have been in these hotel for a week for a conference, with two other colleagues. At the moment of the booking we had three options, and decided to book this hotel because it looked nice from the website and seemed to have more services. BUT, already when we book, they made a real mess with our reservation, forcing us to loose time and contact them by phone more than one time (getting a very unpolite reply from the reception, somebody even speaking with higher level of voice demonstrating a high level of unpolitness!! even if we were just clients that wanted to be sure about having the reservation secured...)
The day in which we arrived at the hotel, we realized that (information obviusly not clear and somehow hidden in the website)
1) for the use of gym, sauna and pool, one has to pay 5 euros per day. That is a lot considering the price per room per night!! (I paid 120 euros per night with a early bird price discounted)
2) there is wifi, but the speed is so slow that one can not do anything (ridicoulus for a hotel where the majority of people go there for business)
3) at the reception we received again a unpolite behaviour.
The room is fine, and the breakfast as well (and people at breakfast are much more polite than personnel at the reception), these are the only good things I can say.

We have all been very disappointed by this hotel, way below the average of 4 stars hotel in Germany!!

And, to finish, when we did the check out, again a bad experience. I was treated like a stupid, just because the personnel made again a mistake and a mess with our reservations and were not able to print for me the correct receipt that I need. (printing a receipt saying that I paid with the credit card even if I paid via bank transfer.. and not being able to change this I just was treated in a very unpolite way).

Absolutely not recommended. Have to increase the level of the services to be worth a 4 stars hotel! And need to train the personnel at the reception to learn how to be polite!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Margarete S, Executive Secretary at Maritim Hotel Wurzburg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Silvia,

we have regretfully received your review.

We were happy to research, how it could happen that you had problems with the booking and payment arrangements.

Unfortunately, it is not possible for us at the hotel to change or cancel your bookings, if you have booked on the internet through a third party. The fact that a room from your reservation was canceled and re-booked, unfortunately a confusion, which did not originate from us.

Our staff patiently tried to explain the situation to you, as well as they tried to explain that we can not change the payment method on an invoice. The payment method is also predefined by your payment process at booking.com.

We are sorry that you do not remember us better, but we would be glad if we could welcome you again.
If you will do your booking directly with us, you will be spared sure of such incidents.

Best regards yours