All reviews top floor suite explorer room rented rooms the main square two sinks town square large bathtub awesome hotel the owner modern comforts historic building choose this hotel included breakfast reception desk old town the hotel website exposed beams
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We rented 2 rooms in this quaint hotel in Rotherburg ob der Tauber in June. Not only is the architecture magnificent in this charming, old hotel (used to be where the monks baked bread for the church next door), the owner and service was friendly and impeccable! We enjoyed the best coffee in the 2 weeks we traveled Europe. The location of this hotel is superb as well. It's right in midst of the taverns and shops. We only regret having booked it for 1 night...it would have been nice to stay an extra night. Try the apfelstrudel with ice cream too!

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank LifeIsShortHaveFun
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel was visited a few years ago, but it is both romantic and relaxing. We had the room with the balcony, it was very peaceful to sit outside at sunset and watch the swallows. Also, the manager has excellent port! The elevator only goes to the 3rd floor, so make sure to book a room on one of the lower levels if needed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Had been walking in the Castle gardens and sat outside here for a drink as it was a hot day and I was thirsty.
Very friendly atmosphere and good service.
Their menu looked good too, but when I went to come for dinner the place was full inside and out so maybe would be a good idea to book a table.
If I ever come to Rothenberg again, I would like to try and eat here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel, great bed, lovely breakfast and a wonderful service when I accidentally left documents in the room and had to return 4 hours later to collect them, I would highly recommend. Parking outside on the road at 1.50 euro for first hour, free after 7 pm.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We spent Memorial Day weekend here and loved it. Check-in was easy and the man at the desk was very friendly. When we walked in, my wife loved it immediately because of its old looks. Some reviews complained about it being old, but I can't understand why anyone would expect modern elegance in Rothenburg, it's an OLD city! Everything in the city is old and that's the charm. Yes the room is a bit small, but it had modern touches in the bathroom and seeing the old stones in the walls and the old wood is exactly what we wanted. The staff were all very friendly and the location is excellent. The main platz is a one minute walk and the castle is maybe three minutes. The only issues we had were a ceiling fan that turned off after a couple hours (had to wake up in the middle of the night to turn it back on several times since it was a rare hot weekend in Germany) and a fridge that barely cooled anything. If you're driving through the wall in a big car, get ready to have fun. We have a Fiat 500C and it was perfect, but a more normal car would be a nightmare. If you get lucky like I did, there is parking on the street out front for 10 Euro/night, but I'm pretty sure I just happened to be there at the right time because open spots are rare. The hotel is also very dog friendly and our three were only 24 Euro/night, which is cheap for a European hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple