“Definitely a must-visit”

Price range: US$79 - US$88
Cuisines: Diner, German, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: No freedom of choice - and that's a good thing. Manuel Reheis offers a wonderful set menu every evening at the Broeding. As a gourmet all you have to do is to decide whether you want to go for the five or six course meal. There is a great selection of wine which comes manly from Austria and is offered from one of the three sommeliers. The dining area has simple white tables, a green tiled bar, wooden furniture, warm lighting and bottles used as decor. In the summer it is possible to dine outside at the leafy courtyard. As there are just a few tables outside, we can´t guarantee a seating outside. There is no dresscode.
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I had the 5-course dinner with wine pairing. Every single dish was excellent but in particular, the marinated char starter and the creamy beet soup with sweet (homemade) black walnut was outstanding. The creativity, flavorful and freshness were a joy to behold. Staff were friendly and professional. Go for the wine pairing too, the sommelier will ensure that you get a great, on-the-spot education in lovely Austrian wines. Definitely will visit again should I return to Munich.

broeding, Sommelier at Broeding, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Amanda, thanks a lot for the great review.
I hope to meet you again in our restaurant and will providently reposit some of the pickeled walnuts for you ;-)
Best regards. Andreas Röhrich (Sommelier)

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Boyfriend and I opted for the 6-course meal and found ourselves faced with wonderful food and hospitality! The food was super fresh and delicious -- I particularly loved the stuffed zucchini blossom. The sommelier was very friendly and was very informative about their wine selection (of which many are from Austria). Would definitely return!

Online reservations were a breeze to use and very convenient for overseas visitors. The restaurant is nowhere near downtown Munich, but very accessible by train. From the train station, it's a 10-15 minute walk to the restaurant.

Hello to Hongkong,
thanx for choosen the Broeding to gain some experiences about Bavaria ;-)
I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you once again in our restaurant.
Many greetings and best regards to China.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

My wife and I traveled to Munich in December 2013 and chose to treat ourselves to dinner at Broeding our first evening after flying over from the U.S. We set a reservation online about 36 hours before we were to eat, and received a phone call shortly after to make sure we would be ok with sitting in the smaller room, closer to the kitchen. This only occurred because we reserved so late and the other tables were filled for the night. While this is no problem for us, it showed us right away that Broeding focuses on the customer's experience and strives to make it as great as possible.

Andreas was our server and could not have been more helpful or friendly. He also spoke near-perfect English, which was very helpful on our first day in Munich. We let him pick some wines for us throughout the evening and each selection was spot-on perfect.

The food could not have been better. They served classics that were familiar like perfectly-prepared lamb. They also surprised us with an octopus salad to start and sweet chestnut soup that was truly amazing. Overall, we could not have been happier with our experience at Brodeing.

2  Thank Andrew S
broeding, Sommelier at Broeding, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear namesake ;-) ,
thank you for deciding to start your journey to Munich in our restaurant. I hope your following vacation in our city had been delightful and eventful. It is always a pleasure for us to wait on open minded and receptive guests like you are. I will carry further your commendation to the whole team and offer you the Broeding as your "foreign lounge room" when you will visit Munich once again.
Best regards and please say hello to your wife.
Andreas Röhrich (Sommelier) - thx for praising may language ability although I know that they are not more than sufficiently dimensioned ... ;-)

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Great place for trying innovative and delicious cuisine. I took local guests there as it was my second time and they were very impressed and also very glad that I had chosen this specific restaurant. It was their first time there and my second, although my first review. I invited my guests to choose the 5 course tasting menu and I let the sommelier choose the wine for us. It was an experience! I have to say, compared to our prices in Toronto or NY for this kind of a meal, it was a bargain. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an epicurean experience in a relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere. Great job team.

1  Thank SavvyTraveler738

Dear SavvyTraveler,
compliments from guests who are travelling a lot are always very helpful and extra gratifying. With your helpful hints we are able to range in our kitchen performance and service ability. It is a honor to read that you had a good time with us and enjoyed the evening at the Broeding. Have a good time and come back as a friend the next time you are in Munich. Best regards and much greetings to Toronto.

A TripAdvisor Member
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Loved the food - really one Michelin star level, for a fair price. One thing somewhat bothersome - mostly Austrian wines. No problem in white, but not my highlight in the red area. Overall it is great though.

broeding, Sommelier at Broeding, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear bobbylion,
thank you for rating our restaurant and the big compliments.
It is great to hear that you had a good time and you liked our dishes.
You are right, we have indeed a focus on Austrian wines which we import to Germany since 1990. The spectrum of Austrian reds nowadays is enormous and so I am sure that we will find a "exemplar" you will enjoy after discovering your individual preferences.
Just in case I am sure to find something "out of Austria" in our wine cellar... ;-)

Have a good time and best regards.