“A pleasant surprise!”

Renzo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Delicious, great service! I had the seasonal pasta with pumpkin and walnuts, my husband had pasta with calamari and the kids pizza and pasta with the best tomato sauce ever.
Great restaurant for families with different tastes!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

I had a meal at this restaurant with my family last night. We had read the reviews and were looking forward to a tasty meal. It started well the service was good and the drinks came out promptly. The starters, bruchetta and Parma ham with melon were lovely (although there were large slices of butter with the Parma ham and melon that was a bit strange). For main course I had ordered mushroom risotto and the rest of my family had ordered pizzas. My risotto came along way before the pizzas and was ok but not at all creamy like I would expect a risotto, it was a bit dry even after I had added extra butter (from the ham and melon starter) it tasted ok but I was a bit disappointed. When the pizzas came out they looked lovely and were huge but again were a bit tasteless, there were no herbs on the toppings and the bases were quite hard.
In summary, service and portion size were good but the food was very average.
We won’t be going back.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Stopped by to have a beer at an Irish Pub on our way to eat "someplace" as we hand't decided. The bartender, from Kansas.....who knew..., told us the food was really good at the pizza place next door and they would deliver. Wanting to sit down and enjoy a meal we opted to wander over and wow, what a surprise. It is NOT a pizza joint but a wonderful, bustling eatery with unbelievable pizza, pasta and on and on. The food was so delicious we decided to eat there the following evening as well. Of course we ate at many restaurants during our trip to Garmisch and enjoyed each in their own right but this is one of those "fave" places you'll treat as your go to when visiting. Excellent service by brisk waiters as the place is abuzz, tables have table cloths so has a touch of class without being stuffy. A total find. You'll love it

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 24 September 2018

We ordered 4 different types of pasta dishes all of them were average to good. The service was also good. On a down side we were charged extra since we choose a different type of pasta instead of that stated on the menu, even though we were told we could do so freely.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We eat here any time we are in town. We always opt for pizza, pasta and salads etc and the food is absolutely excellent.

When the restaurant is busy, the service is VERY poor and they simply cannot cope with the demands of each table.

As they also offer a takeaway service, people coming into the restaurant to collect their food seem to take priority over seated customers. I had to ask four times for my drink. The staff get flustered and seemingly swan around oblivious to the fact that people are waiting for things. Our particular waiter this weekend was quite rude and dismissive although this has never been the case before.

Best recommendation is to go for lunch or dinner on weekdays, we will not return on a weekend evening as it's simply awful service.

It must be said however, the food is absolutely fantastic!

Date of visit: September 2018