All reviews honor bar residential area honor system underground parking small hotel breakfast was delicious perfect stay no elevator excellent hotel quiet street third floor loved this hotel family room town centre sitting area our room was spacious beautiful view of the mountains
Reviewed 9 July 2016

My wife and I stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago, and I decided to get away for several days while she visited her mother in Colorado. I chose the Hotel Edelweiss based on prior experience. I had a great rate, and they accepted the VAT form for Americans assigned to Germany. The staff was helpful and accommodating, even making restaurant recommendations and reservations. I have it only at four instead of five "stars" for something that happened in the breakfast room, but it does not detract from my wanting to stay in the future. Traveling solo, I sat at a small table for breakfast that was set for two my first morning. Later that morning, another couple was permitted to sit at the largest table in the breakfast room, set for I believe six, but more could have sat there. The next morning I brought some paperwork with me to breakfast, and since the breakfast room was relatively empty, I chose a table that accommodated four but was set for three so I could spread out. As soon as I set my paperwork down, I was told to sit at a smaller table, even though no one came in the rest of the morning. I did so, and also my final morning. I just thought it odd that a couple would be permitted to sit at the largest table, after first sitting at a smaller table and then moving, but as a single, I could only sit at the smallest tables.

Room Tip: I was in room 25 on the top floor. It faced a resedential street with little noise and a view.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

We went to Garmisch for the 10th annual "Ride the Alps". Decided not to stay at the AFRC, as we weren't impressed last time. This little hotel was perfect.
The staff was incredibly friendly, and spoke excellent English. The room was well appointed, very comfortable, and had a nice, little balcony. There was even a little fridge/minibar in the room.
Breakfast was a typical, European offering. It was very tasty, with several options. There was no in room coffee. But I wandered downstairs before they had officially began breakfast, and the young lady fixed me a small pot to carry back to the room.
We've already decided, on our next trip to the area, we're staying here again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Billy P
Reviewed 1 July 2016

We stayed 2 nights and would have stayed more if they had room for us. The hostess offered great suggestions for hikes and restaurants and we loved the accommodations. It is quiet except for the roar of the river and the birds and there is a lovely garden out back. You can walk easily into town or directly into the hills for a remarkable view of the mountains and valley.

Room Tip: Wonderful to have the sound of the river out your window.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Such a beautiful hotel right next to a river, walking distance to town. The owners are so kind and helpful. You feel like everyone there wants to make sure you have a lovely time. Always friendly and ready to help with directions or dinner suggestions. Twice we asked for the best route to walk somewhere and once we were directed through the gorgeous park to the downtown. The second time we were directed to the path that went along the river! It make a 40 minute walk so much fun!
The hotel is a showpiece, the staff dresses in the most stunning Bavarian dresses, the food is great and the service is stellar. You cannot go wrong in this fairytale inn!
Truly loved it!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2016

The hotel staff were very helpful and welcoming that made us feel like home. The hotel room was neat and cozy and there was a small balcony where you could enjoy a stunning view of the Alps. Breakfast was also very nice.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends