All reviews train station fine hotel paid parking convenient hotel breakfast was excellent the hotel staff highest mountain zugspitze sauna mountains garage puffs towns heating winter snow europe
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We had a theee day conference in this hotel. The rooms were clean and up to standard. Breakfast and food provided at the conference were very good. The staff was very friendly. The hotel is centrally located near the train station. Only drawback: parking in the garage below the hotel costs 10€ per night.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Hotel with model decoration.
Spacious room.
Helpful staff when i enquired the location of GP train station, they can point out the direction clearly.
Only 10 minute distant between the hotel and the GP station.
And 5 minute distant have supermarket.
Great hotel overall. Will stay in Hotel Koenigshof again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole S
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

This summer we visited Hotel Königshof. The lobby is modern, the staff is friendly and the hotel is clean. Unfortunately the rooms are old fashioned, there is no airconditioning and the staircase is worn out. In our bathroom the sinkpipe of the washing bin was leaking. There was a towel on the floor so we didn't get wet feet. After complaining they fixed it the same day. This hotel has four stars which I think is fairly overrated.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We stayed in Hotel Koenigshof from 29 July to 3 August and agree with other reviews in that it is definitely not a 4* hotel especially for the price paid!!!

Good points:
Near the train station. Europa car hire next door in case you need to hire a car.

Negatives:
- We were given room 223 which is very very small for a couple.

- The bed is built against the wall on one side which means that if you need to get up in the middle of the night it's hard not to wake your partner trying to get off the bed!

- No air conditioning - it was over 35c on our last day and the room was so warm that evening, despite opening the window, it was extremely hard to sleep in the heat.

- Pillows in the room are absolutely awful - agree with other reviews on this point.

- Professionalism of the staff leave a lot to be desired - unfriendly, stern and rude on many occasions. On checking out, witnessed one of the reception staff shouting at a couple just because they wanted to access their safe deposit box behind the counter.

- Very nice bar at the hotel but no service. On our first evening we waiting 15 mins at the bar to be served, eventually went to the reception to ask if the bar is open, the reception staff said they would call someone, waited another 10 mins!! When someone did finally arrive he huffed and puffed as if we were putting him out by ordering and paying for drinks. Nice seating area to the front of the hotel, many people passing and taking a seat but after 20 mins they went inside to see if they could find a waiter only to leave due to the lack of service. This happened multiple evenings we were there. How is this possible in a 4* Hotel - what a lost opportunity in my opinion.

- Wifi - multiple issues with the wifi not working for the first 3 days, when it finally did work it was so slow and had very little reception at times.

- Avoid the restaurant at the hotel. Very limited choice, over priced for the quality and rude staff. My partner asked for a medium rib eye steak when it arrived it was blue/rare! Plus they dont take cards - either you have to charge it to the room or pay with cash. How is it possible that a 4* hotel does not accept cards in the restaurant!

- No safe deposit box in the rooms.

- The front of the hotel has a very nice appealing appearance, the commons areas on the ground floor are also very nice however the back of the hotel needs to be painted and the terraces need to be maintained better. I would hope that they are still renovating these parts as it is not a nice view when you look out of your room. Such a pity it isn't better maintained.

To conclude I would definitely not recommend this hotel, much better value and better quality hotels elsewhere in the area. Hotel leaves a lot to be desired.

Room Tip: If you do chose this hotel ask for a recently renovated room at reception on checking in.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline O
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel on a free cancellation, only to find out 21 days before they take the money. I queried this and got their ruling which wasn't clear when I booked it. Immaterial, but 2 weeks prior to going I had a problem at work which mean't I couldn't travel, I contacted the Hotel and explained my problems. They had no compassion and wouldn't give me a refund even though I offered my employers letter as proof. They would've resold the room with the advance notice but couldn't be bothered, so I couldn't be bothered to cancel. Will find something else in the area next time but not The Königshof!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple