“Food & Fun for Everyone”

Gasthof Fraundorfer
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: German
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hotel & bayrischer Gasthof mit 31 Zimmern und Aparments für Familien. Bayrisches Gasthaus mit regionaler und saisonaler Küche. Jeden Abend Livemusik und Programm. Eintritt kostenfrei.
Reviewed 30 October 2018

Tourists in the front, locals in the back and good times all around!
Tradional German meals with Bavarian entertainment.
AND Bier Schnapps! Be sure to try the Bier Schnapps....

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 6 October 2018

We made a reservation the day before, and I'm so glad we did. Just as we were entering, they placed a sign on the front door that only reservations would be seated after 7:00pm. While this place could easily be seen as gimmicky and touristy, it was so much fun. Our reservation was for 6:30pm and we shared a table with 4 other people. I'm not much for German food, but my son and husband love it. They allowed me to order from the kid's menu (spaghetti). It was OK. My daughter also ordered chicken nuggets and fries and was satisfied. The atmosphere was so much fun. A man played traditional songs on his accordion (once playing Edelweiss, with everyone singing along). Twice while we were there, young boys came out and did traditional dancing and entertained us all. We ordered Apple Strudel to finish off our meal. I can't confirm because I forgot to ask, but it tasted like it had alcohol in it. It was good anyway! My husband told me "thank you" multiple times after we ate there and that it was "a great experience" to top off our trip to Germany. Ludwigstrasse is a beautiful street and we enjoyed checking out a few of the shops there while we waited for our reservation. The waitstaff were courteous and did not rush us. We had no problems with communicating. Reasonably priced.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

The Fraundorfer is located in old Partenkirchen and is your best bet for local food in the Bavarian alps. We have fined and stayed here numerous times over the past 40 years and the service is first class along with a certain ambience. Weinersnitzel, fish, leibercase, pork, weisswurst and much more. Full bar. Kids friendly. Worth many return visits.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank HazardBob
Reviewed 17 September 2018

We had a dinner with a children. The restaurant seems to be typicaly German with heavy German cuisine, not so many possibilities what to eat if you want someting lighter.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Located at the far south end of Ludwigstraße. We stopped by after the kitchen closed on a Saturday night, and the dining room was still mostly full. An accordion player was entertaining. Music, Bier and service were all very good. Fraundorfer provides An enjoyable night out.

Date of visit: August 2018