“Pub grub ”
Review of Watz Bayerish Pub

Watz Bayerish Pub
Ranked #24 of 81 Restaurants in Berchtesgaden
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

A pleasant pub by the train station that serves good pub grub.
As a lot of reviewers have commented service can be slow, as often only one staff member who has to run the bar, take orders and serve the food. Worth stopping for a beer and some food if it’s not too busy.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Went to this place 2 times, very happy with both service and food . Also a Nice bar . You can also watch sports, play some pool . Outside is Nice and heated with lamps. Will ofcourse comeback if im here.

Vi va hær to ganger veldigt førnøjda med allt fra service, mat o drikke. Ikke ett vældigt genuint sted men veldigt bra. Ligger sentralt vid jernbanestasjonen . Væl vært besøk .

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Just wanted something easy and found this place. The waitress was sweet and informative, and the food was delicious.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Our family was on vacation and staying in Berchtgaden. We had spent the day on an Eagle’s Nest tour and stopped by for dinner since it was so close to our hotel. When we arrived the were few people in the pub. Our server showed us to a table. There was a soccer game on the big screen television. Our server came by and took our drink orders which came back very quickly. We soon learned that was the only quick thing that happened that night. We waited about 20 minutes before we literally had to stop the server as he passed out table to order our meals. He took our orders and we waited an unusually long time to get our food. However, the long wait was worth the great meals. Everything was hot, appetizing, and in more than generous portions. We finished our meals and waited for the bill. There was only one server in the pub and the evening crowd began to arrive. Again, after repeatedly attracting his attention and being ignored, we finally just got up, blocked his path, and paid the bill. The food was fantastic, the server was polite but overworked, and the price was reasonable. Despite the advantages, I would only recommend eating there if you have plenty of time to waste.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Having travelled all day and just arrived in Berchtesgaden via train we stumbled across Watz. We popped back in the station to put our suitcases in the lockers to enable us to finally relax and enjoy our holiday.

The place was busy, it was a Saturday night but a few tables remained inside. We stood at the bar and ordered some drinks and asked if we could order some food. The young guy said yes and to take a seat. I'd like to point out that I'm still waiting on my change from the money I gave him.....

Once seated the waitress came over and took our order, advising that the food would take 30 minutes as the kitchen was busy. That was fine, we were too hungry not to wait. 30 minutes later as she tried to avoid us I asked her over to see where our food was, we were told it would be another 5 minutes. 10 minutes later we asked again, we were told 2 minutes. 1 hour and 20 mins after placing our order, I asked again........by this point the DJ had set up and the club was getting underway!!! I was told "just 2 more minutes " at that point I flipped and left.

Shocking service and a shocking first impression. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in the area so you won't need to rely on this poor establishment.